Retail Operation Manager
The Retail Operation Manager, China is responsible for driving our Customer Experience, Operational Excellence and ultimately Driving Sales Results. This position will partner with cross-function teams to ensure all operational aspects of the business are organized and maintained at all times. He/she also plays a key role in building and maintaining company standards for our stores both internally and with partnerships. Additionally, this role is required to drive the execution of new store opening projects and any special projects related to in-store process changes.
Leadership & People Management
- Lead the development of operating plans, procedures and practices; works collaboratively with the area retail teams to meet and exceed the planned sales, financial and KPI targets for the China region
- Work closely with Retail Training Manager, China in creating retail training initiatives and tracking results for in-store people development
- Lead and inspire the retail operation team to provide full support to the retail sales team to achieve exceptional customer in-store experiences, operational excellence and all sales & KPI results
Driving Exceptional Customer Experience
- Work closely with Retail Training team to achieve overall China Mystery Shopping Results by identifying area of improvements, creating action plans, ensuring in-store execution and tracking results by store.
- Support Retail Director and area retail teams in the execution of local marketing, customer relations/VIP events and strategies
- Partner with area retail teams/store managers to resolve in-store customer service issues and manage CS_China email account based on company policies
Represent the Brand
- Take ownership to maintain a high standard of store environment including daily cleaning, interior store maintenance, furniture, fixtures, upholstered items, lighting...etc.
- Manage the entire retail team uniform plan, order and allocation and maintain high grooming standard based on company requirement
- Take lead in all new store openings/renovation/relocation/temp stores/pop-ups preparation, staff attachment arrangement and actual opening together with retail teams.
- Ensure the Operational Manual is precisely executed at each store level and continuously update the Operational Manual when new operational issues need to addressed
- Manage and liaise all in-store events/shopping mall promotions/key holiday initiatives, execution, timing, product needs and results tracking
- Plan and organize retail meetings, meeting minutes, follow up actions and results sharing
- Own all retail store expenses (stationary, selling tools, cleaning, alteration, postage, transportation, T&E and etc.) invoice payment claim, monitoring and control within the budget.
- Achieve packaging order (regular FP & outlet and special occasion) and management efficiency to ensure sufficient coverage for all store while maintaining efficient and sufficient level of stock in the warehouse
- In-store GWP management
Drive the Business & Deliver Results
- Manage all sales, staff and product retail reports to retail teams are correctly setup, monitor/read and create new retail reports together with IT to achieve full automation
- Create reports together with planning on tracking store CRM customer database and KPI report and track on weekly/monthly basis and make action plans together retail area teams
- Prepare monthly commission target submission to Retail Director together with area retail teams with clear strategy and vision and share daily performance and tracking
- Closely monitor and track competitors' performance and promotional activities
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- A minimum of 8 years retail operations experience, in which 3 years in managerial level
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills
- Excellent both verbal and written communication in English and Chinese
- Sound business acumen and retail numerical sense, detailed mind with strong analytical skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and problem solving ability
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .
Back to top