Product Development Assistant, Footwear
As a Tory Burch Product Development Assistant for sneakers and casual shoes, you are a critical cross- functional coordinator, pivotal in setting up and maintaining style info in PDM and tracking sampling activities and outputs.
- Work cross-functionally with Design and Merchandising to keep track of the contents of the line at the style, materials, and color levels
- Once the design team has initiated the styles in PDM, perform maintenance by adding materials, colors, and sourcing office details
- Ensure PDM is up-to-date at all times, according to development calendar
- Work with manager and cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and align on content
SAMPLE TRACKING AND MANAGEMENT
- Partner with S. China office and sourcing agent to monitor the timeliness of PR and AD samples; communicate to business units and PR team when there are delays; problem-solve delays
- Check, log, and distribute to sample team all PR and AD samples from sourcing agent
- Code and submit sample invoices to Accounts Payable
- Manage sample flow and storage; , unpack, check, and distribute incoming samples
DEVELOPMENT/PRE-PRODUCTION – MADE FOR OUTLET PRODUCTS
- Under manager’s direction, review and oversee issuance of specs (BOMs/tech packs) for accuracy and completeness prior to release.
- Coordinate with S. China sourcing office and sourcing agent to manage spec turnover within calendar to ensure timeliness in prototypes, SMS, and confirmation samples.
- Execute the pass off of clean specs to manufacturing partners on behalf of design; communicates daily with overseas offices and direct suppliers on questions and changes to specs, standards; assists in interpreting design needs.
- Monitor, track, and report on all requested prototypes and SMS
- Review all prototypes, SMS, and Confirmation Samples to ensure accuracy in execution to design and specs
- Assist manager in the pre-production process by turning SMS specs to Production specs
- Follow calendar to insure timely turnover of development specs, return of prototypes, and swatches and components
- Monitor calendar daily to promote flow of development; apprises and resolves calendar variances with manager
- Organize samples and material swatches in the PD sample closet
- Order reference samples (SMS or Confirmation samples) from the sample archive team
- Works on other relevant projects as required by manager
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 1-2 years in data management and product development
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills; ability to adhere to deadlines
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Director, Production — Handbags & Accessories
Kelsey oversees the manufacturing process for the Tory Burch accessories category, from initial order to product placement to retail store delivery.
Back to top