Procurement Manager, Store Design and Construction
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing the purchasing and procurement functions of the Store Design & Constructing Department, assisting with various aspects of the design, planning, implementation, and reporting in relation to store-fitting projects, including liaising with other Tory Burch departments, external Partners, and Retail Stores. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, sourcing new interior design elements, preparation of Supplied By Owner (SBO) budgets, ordering and releasing materials to stores, ensuring timely deliveries of materials by communicating with Construction Project Managers (CPM), suppliers, and General Contractors.
He/she is also responsible for assisting the CPM in all aspects of their duties including, but not limited to, compiling and gathering the necessary documents and information needed to complete each retail construction project, contributing to the growing global expansion of the Tory Burch branded boutiques.
• Responsible for purchasing and scheduling of SBO items (lighting, furniture, wall covering, etc) for domestic stores and selected international stores.
• Manage bulk order inventory; prepare, maintain and issue accurate monthly inventory/cost/delivery status report of all SBO items; forecast future inventory needs, and place new bulk orders to replenish the existing inventory in a timely fashion.
• Develop, source, and supervise production of custom fabrics, furniture, carpeting, and drapery.
• Troubleshoot and resolve quality control and deadline issues with vendors when necessary, and foster strong business relationships with suppliers/vendors.
• Procure custom items and specialty antiques as needed, for Executives’ approval.
• Source new vendors for construction materials such as stone, wood flooring, lighting, carpet, storefronts, and other fixtures.
• Coordinate and align collaborative efforts of contractors, architects, and logistics to meet installation deadlines and targeted budgets.
• Verify purchase orders and payments with all SBO vendors.
• Prepare and submit SBO budgets to the CPM in a timely fashion.
• Liaise with Tory Burch Procurement Coordinators from other Regions (i.e. Hong Kong).
Project Management Support
• Meet with Design PM and CPM to review plans for upcoming projects.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned. (i.e. Retrofits.)
• 3-5 years in Procurement/Purchasing functions within the retail, residential or hospitality construction field.
• Well organized and highly detailed oriented, with emphasis on time management.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong computer skills required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook).
• Prior experience working with D & D vendors or soft furnishing suppliers a plus.
• Must be self-starter and with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top