Planner, Wholesale, North America
The Planner of North America Wholesale will be a key business partner to wholesale sales team, with specific focus on driving merchandise sales and inventory efficiency across all categories of Tory Burch wholesale accounts. This position is responsible for driving the division’s Sales & Gross Margin (% & $) by optimizing product opportunities against a sales target, as well as is responsible for in-season inventory management. The Planner will also work with the NA Sales team to recommend and monitor our wholesale account plans, particularly as it relates to their impact on the division’s goals. The Planner will report into the Director of Wholesale Planning and will work cross functionally with the key counterparts across Wholesale, Merchandising, CMP, Finance and Production.
Financial Planning and Forecasting
- Along with the Director of Wholesale Planning, develop monthly sales, gross margin, and inventory Plans by division (Accessories, RTW/Swim, & Footwear) to support company sales and inventory objectives for both Full Price and Off Price channels.
- Reforecast sales, margin, receipts, & inventory on a monthly basis and identify risks and opportunities relative to Plan.
- Collaborate with the Wholesale Sales team and other cross-functional partners daily to capitalize on new opportunities and identify risks to the Plan by utilizing both historical data and current sales trends.
- Communicate the state of the business in weekly meetings and monthly OTB meetings. Recommend strategic actions to maximize sales and margin, optimize inventory, and mitigate risk. Collaborate with critical partners to ensure execution of strategies.
- Manage and control inventory stock levels. Identify clogs in inventory and opportunities given available stock. Work with off price channels on liquidation as needed.
- Review open order reporting and ensure that on-order and committed receipts are delivering on time to support forecasts.
Assortment Planning/Market Planning
- Work with sales team on reorders and replenishment to suggest reorders when needed based on sales trend. Goal is to focus on 1-2 accounts and or categories 80% of the time.
- Forecast need for key item planners across Footwear, Handbags, and Small Leather Goods based on sales. Ensure the channel is never out of stock on these key items.
- Work with the sales team pre-market to understand account OTBs. Analyze market bookings post-market along with Director and Sales team (w/ a focus on Replenishment vs Fashion, AUR, Units, Sales Impact on monthly Forecast
Business Management / Reporting and Analysis
- Report on weekly POS Sales to management; add texture on key events that may have impacted weekly sales.
- Maintain by door POS Sales files and historical sales files; maintain historical shipment records
- Complete specific ad hoc analysis to support the buy process or impact sales
- e. Size level analysis, market analysis, account analysis, replenishment assessment across a category
- Collaborate with Director and Sales team on management presentations (both internal and external)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Experience with planning and allocation applications – JDA – a plus
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a planning, buying or related merchandising function
- Strong Analytical and Business acumen
- Both client and brand focused
- Collaborative, adaptable, and possesses a willingness to take on new projects
- Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top