Planner, Merchandising Planning
The goal of the Merchandising Planning function is to drive the business through strategic merchandise planning, controlled inventory management, actionable reporting and insightful commercial analysis.
Merchandising Planning role establishes and analyzes weekly/monthly sales and gross margin (GM) targets by product collaborating with Merchandising, Allocation, Logistics, and Retail team.
This role is responsible to support Sr. planning manager in; 1) establishing financial targets by category/class for sales, GM, receipts, inventory; 2) forecasting/re forecasting our business based on the current sales trend; and 3) to keep analyzing and monitoring these metrics to meet financial targets.
- Support in developing the plan and forecast for all categories' sales, inventory, receipt and GM goals.
- Create reports of financial results including sales and inventory performance analysis and forecasts, and recommend action plans to managers & cross-functional teams on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with Allocation team to continually secure or produce adequate inventories by consistently tracking receipts and inventory levels.
- Continuously analyze and re forecast business and recommend/implement strategies to ensure that we achieve the plan.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by product category.
- Assist in developing Open-to-Buy forecasts for quarterly assortment plans.
- Generate reports on an ad hoc basis and other duties as required.
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3+ years' prior experience in retail/merchandising planning & analysis.
- Allocation/distribution experience is a plus. Financial/accounting background is also preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Advanced skills especially in Macro in Excel and knowledge on MS Access is a plus.
- Experience with merchandise planning systems - SAP, MicroStrategy, S5 Stratos is also a plus.
- Strong with numbers.
- Japanese native and business level English is required.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Analytical skills paired with strategic business acumen in retail math.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, results-driven, self-starter and motivated.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Strong passion and royalty to the brand.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .
Back to top