Planner, Global Product
The goal of this Planning function is to set up all relevant processes and drive the business (Revenue, EBIT) through strategic merchandise planning, controlled inventory management, actionable reporting and insightful commercial analysis. We achieve this by creating a world class, digitally enabled integrated end to end planning team, which is commercial, connects well cross functionally and delivers efficient merchandise processes.
The Global Product Planner at Tory Burch is responsible for supporting the Global Merchant category owner with the development of the Global Product Assortment and ensures that it aligns with the financial targets of our brand. Merchandise Planning establishes financial targets by category/class for Sales, GM, receipts and inventory. The Global Merchandising planning role works with the Business Unit to define assortment strategies ad buys for Direct to Consumer Channel and Wholesale Account. This role establishes and analyzes the monthly sales and GM targets by product and partnership with Merchandising and Production.
The team is responsible to manage planning calendars to support the completion of Buys and key financial deliverables. The team is responsible for the development of planning process and systems and works closely with IT on development. The team drives the data standardization initiatives to develop key product attributes. In addition, the team works with finance to identify, define and standardize how the company analyzes and reports on the business. To excel in the position this person must have excellent leadership and communication skills, strong business acumen in retail math and analytical skills. Must have established planning experience, creative problem solving skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced highly collaborative environment
- Long Range Plan (3-5 years) by product category, Footwear by class, RTW (Knits, Wovens) incl. sales & margin, IMU%, GM% AIR, AUR; color Count (CC), Annual Turn, WOC
- Global Product Hindsight in partnership with Global Merchants
- Create category guidance in partnership with global merchants that align with our Long Range Plan for Sales, Margin, IMU%, AIR and AUR;
- Establish end to end category management;
- Strategic Category launch decks for seasonal plans in partnership with Global Merchants
- Global Option strategy/flow strategy
- Process of minimum order quantiles (MOQ global)
- Assisting Marketing with the definition of monthly core marketing messages based on global investments
- Partnership with Global Merchants and production on raw material bookings
- Global Markdown Strategy including competitive landscape analysis
- Global Pricing Strategy including competitive landscape analysis
- Master data management & strategic product attribution for reporting /analytics
- Iconic Management including global Key Item Planning for production needs, partner with regional teams (Tops Down/Bottoms up)
- Iconic Exit/Relaunch strategy including inventory needs
- Global Key Item Planning
- Strong partnership with Global Inventory Planning team
- Fully align, partner and cooperate with Global Merchandising and Supply Chain on pre-booking process of raw materials
- Establish key planning deliverables and timelines in conjunction with buy process and key financial deliverables.
- Responsible to assist on the development of Option/Flow Strategy with Global Merchants
- Development and execution of global delist and global liquidation strategies; develop strategies which product should be sent directly to Outlet to protect Full Price Brand Experience
- Establish Global 365 Management & Exit/Relaunch strategy
- Oversee and develop global Free-stock management, global transfers and rebalancing of Inventory among the regions to increase turns and reduce overall WOC
- Drive financial results that maximize revenue, gross margin, inventory turn goals and minimize excess inventory.
- Consistently track and improve process design, rigor and discipline around planning and inventory buying, as well as inventory management and tracking
- Long Range planning and development
- Margin planning and management
- Commercial analysis and insights
- Finished goods and raw material forecasting
- Ensure high performance standards thru Coaching, training, and development. Perform ongoing talent assessments.
- Provide Leadership and guidance. Develop team members skills and insure goals are achieved
- Manages organization and staffing and participates in skills training and development.
- Participates in company activities, and helps to support and develop a team environment.
- Participates in fostering job satisfaction and positive morale for multiple direct reports.
- Systems and process training.
- Bachelor's degree,
- 5+ years prior experience in retail planning & allocation, preferred in global planning
- Vertical retail experience
- Strong leadership skills, executive presence and acumen
- Strong analytical skills paired with strategic business acumen and application
- Detail-oriented, results-driven, highly, motivated, and entrepreneurial. Ability to act as both a “player” and a “coach”
- Ability to negotiate with and influence peers, members of a cross-functional team and senior management.
Ability to formally present business strategies and action plans
Back to top