Planner, Europe Planning
The goal of this Planning function is to set up all relevant processes and drive the business (Revenue, EBIT) through strategic merchandise planning, controlled inventory management, actionable reporting and insightful commercial analysis. We achieve this by creating a world class, digitally enabled integrated end to end planning team, which is commercial, connects well cross functionally and delivers efficient merchandise processes.
The Planner is responsible to develop, execute, and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans that support the company’s financial, product, and brand objectives. This will include Sales, Margin, Inventory turns, GMROI, WOC.
- This role is responsible for all aspects of Retail (Digital, Stores), Outlet and Wholesale Inventory Management through the Regional Open to Buy, ensuring that Sales are driven at the same time as Inventory is efficiently managed through industry standard metrics of Turn, WOC, and GMROI
- Create pre-season financial plans and on-going forecasts for multiple categories, manage line cards for 365/Iconic product
- Develop and manage OTB targets with Buyers for sales, inventory and markdowns
- Identify sales opportunities through effective strategic planning and execution that achieve corporate financial goals
- Develop and provide business analysis to influence future buys and assortment strategies
- Identify opportunities as well as potential risks to increase sales, margin and turn
- Review seasonal buys with buyers; focus on quantities by location and ensuring buys are within agreed budgets
- Work effectively as a member of a cross- functional department team (Merchandising, Planning, & Allocation) by focusing on team objectives and communicating clearly
- Decision Making - The ability to identify issues, focusing on solutions by being open minded, thinking laterally, and then generating options before making timely and relevant decisions.
- Communication - Influences and communicates confidently and effectively to build strong relationships.
- Fully align, partner and cooperate with the Merchandising, Allocation, Visual Merchandising, Regional Finance and Corporate Planning team.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong analytical skills paired with strategic business acumen
- 1-3 years’ experience working in planning / buying functions
- JDA Planning experience
- Excellent mathematical and computer skills
- Detail-oriented, results-driven, highly, motivated, and entrepreneurial.
- Strong Planning and Forecasting Skills, retail experience preferable
- Decision making capability clearly driven by developing strategic product and business initiatives
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- SAP skills preferred
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Director, Production — Handbags & Accessories
Kelsey oversees the manufacturing process for the Tory Burch accessories category, from initial order to product placement to retail store delivery.
Back to top