Merchandise Manager, Handbags & Small Leather Goods - Outlet
Provide merchandising support & management of the Outlet Handbag & SLG division. This role will be responsible for pricing, being intimately familiar with the competitive landscape, writing seasonal line plans and analyzing the business to ensure continued growth. This person will need to have a team attitude, as they will be responsible for working with planning, visual, production, full-price counterparts and store teams to help build the collection each season. In addition to attention to detail and business acumen this person will need a passion for product and an eye for trend that is brand right.
Seasonal Business Strategy and Hindsight
- Ability to analyze a complex business to accurately articulate best sellers & opportunities to drive the business
- Transform business hindsight into strategy for seasonal line plan building.
- Ability to both react to current business as well as anticipate future trends in the business.
- Provide timely and accurate business updates to the cross functional team.
- Accurately hindsight successes by channel and ensure growing markets are receiving the product they need to drive their business.
Strategic Thinking and Financial Acumen
- Strong retail math skills
- Analyze the business weekly, recapping divisions’ business to cross-functional team and reporting out of key trends
- Participate in open-to-buy forecasting process with receipt log and business shifts
- Identify opportunities based off current business to help drive Retail $ & margin. Must have entrepreneurial spirit
- Manage purchase order process. Maintain accurate ship/cancel dates and on order spreadsheets. Partner with team to discuss any issues.
- As the brand grows, build a clear path for revenue growth in addition to retail growth.
- Follow the brand evolution to become more elevated and ensure fashion handbags align with this go forward strategy.
Trend and Competitive Analysis
- Have a clear understanding of the Tory Burch values, product aesthetic and brand in relation to the competitive market
- Gain a firm understanding of the handbag & small leather good competitive landscape through online research and visiting the market often.
- Apply this knowledge to Tory Burch Outlets to help select the best Made-For-Outlet product to ensure customer will respond to functionality, ensure pricing remains relevant and interject current trends where appropriate.
- Stay on top of runway shows, presentations, emerging brands and blogging to hold trend dialogue to help the brand stay relevant and predict the next ‘big thing’. Ensuring product is appropriate & on margin for the Outlet market
- Have a firm understanding of the needs of each market and work hand in hand with those teams to develop special product.
- Understand where Tory Burch falls within the competitive pricing landscape and identify areas of pricing opportunity.
#4 Cross-Functional Partnership
- Act as the hub between the channels of Planning, Visual, Full Price Counterparts, Marketing and Stores. This will require attention to detail, effective time management and excelled communication skills. Adopt a collaborative style
- Understand the goals of all other divisions and functions to ensure you as a merchant are helping to support these brand goals. Recommend, support, and implement process and procedural improvements into daily responsibilities.
- Build a relationship with all other merchandising teams to create synergy across the Tory Burch collection each season.
- Develop a close relationship with the international team as overseas growth continues to be a focus for Tory Burch.
- 4 year Bachelor Degree – Business or Fashion Degree a plus
- At least 5 years of industry experience
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top