Materials Associate, Accessories
As a Tory Burch Materials Associate, you are a critical cross-functional partner, pivotal in building aesthetically and quality authentic product while achieving financial goals. Coordination of the materials process is performed by: meeting calendar deadlines to ensure that components are delivered on time; maintaining gross profit goals by working with sourcing partners to plan and control item costs; and sourcing and developing components to meet aesthetics, function and quality goals outlined in the design and development request.
- Schedules, tracks, and reports on all requested materials.
- Compiles and reviews all material, fabric, and leather data sheets (MDS, FDS, LDS) for accuracy, completeness, quality, affordability, and compliance.
- Coordinates with cross functional teams to manage material requests and turnover within calendar, development status, and final handoff to production.
- Communicates daily with design, PD, HKO and suppliers on questions on materials and changes, standards, and aids in interpreting design needs.
- Coordinates and reviews all materials submissions to insure faithful execution to design request or spec with Manager for training.
- Buys, schedules, monitors, and reports on all necessary sample materials (R&D, prototype, SMS) daily and weekly to the team.
- Maintains and issues all approved standards for the designs and production to manufacturing partners.
- Ensures timely receipt and facilitation of all color/material approval submits from materials vendors to our design department.
- Completes all lab dip, hand loom and strike off submittal forms prior to hand off to design/color area as needed.
- Receive of materials with proper labelling and check in inventory as well as maintenance of materials library room
- Follow up on all invoices to be submitted to Account Payable
- Aims to instill quality in the product from material evaluation through final production.
- Reviews all components with an eye for quality and durability with supervisor.
- Work with our HK office to ensures that all components and constructions used are compliant for performance and restricted substances in development with Supervisor.
- Work with our HK Office to maintains accurate compliance records in the event of audit by applicable authorities in PDM (future).
- Regularly reports (daily and weekly) on materials status and coordinates timing of deliveries to calendar needs.
- Sets up materials in PDM and maintains tracking and adoption records daily.
- Maintains material archives.
- Distributes materials (cuttings, skins, yardages) to design and development and has materials ready for all milestone meetings.
- Cutting and distributing all sales sample fabrics/leathers as well as sales sample fabric boards once received from fabric/leather vendors.
- Interacting daily with the Design, Tech Design and Production teams regarding all aspects of the materials sourcing process
- As needed, works closely with supervisors to resolve delivery and material issues affecting production.
- Works on other relevant projects as required by Supervisor.
- Tracking of all essential approval submits needed throughout the product development process, from both fabric vendors and tanneries.
- Attend and contribute to product development and calendar meetings as needed
- Assist in ensuring the timely delivery of market ready sample yardage to the coordinating sample factory(s)
- Copy, distribute and file all adopted paperwork and swatches on a daily basis to the appropriate recipient; this includes request forms as well as any CAD artwork, pitch sheets, etc.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent life experience
- 3-5 years of experience in fashion accessories product development, sourcing, and/or production
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong math and collaborative skills
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top