The Material Handler is responsible for servicing the Tory Burch Brand by receiving, stocking, or preparing orders according to request.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Ensures the accuracy of inbound receipts and outbound transfers.
- Coordinates with carriers to schedule inbound and outbound loads.
- Ships, receives, loads, unloads, moves, stacks and stages products and materials using a fork lift, electric or manual pallet jack, or other power equipment.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner following defined work methods and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining the security of the warehouse by conducting operations in a manner which promotes safety of employees and security of product.
- Assists in performing physical inventories.
- Informs supervisor of any unsafe or hazardous working conditions.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES NOT COVERED IN FOCUS AREAS
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to read and interpret simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple reports and correspondence.
- Ability to make mathematical computations.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to compare incoming deliveries against purchase orders and specifications, following up on discrepancies and inconsistencies.
- Ability to communicate, read, and writes clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding customer service at all times.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including word-processing, spreadsheets, database software programs, and e-mail.
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 to 4 years related experience and/or training in a Distribution Center / Warehouse
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, must speak/understand English. Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
- Experience with warehouse equipment (i.e., RF Scanners)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook)
- WMS knowledge preferred
Must be willing to work overtime as needed including days regularly scheduled off, such as weekends and holidays.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .