Manager, Technical Design - Handbags
- Manages, oversees and coordinates the work of Product Engineers while
- Performing engineering duties.
- Responsible for the technical construction required to achieve Design’s aesthetic intent, ensuring quality and engineering standards are maintained across all HB & SLG Product.
- Trains and develops staff to raise the level of Engineering expertise and professionalism.
- Partners with PE team and Production Team and HKO to identify and resolve any quality issues, engineering challenges and problems in production.
- Full understanding of development calendar, quality standards, manufacturing and sequence of operations.
- Ability to manage multiple people and projects while meeting PD calendar.
- Attends all product meetings.
- Supports PE team from Design Card creation to final product review.
- Key communicator of technical information in regards to achieving Design aesthetic intent and clarity of Design Card information from DC Handoff through Product Approval.
- Participates in sample review for aesthetics, overall dimensions, hand feel, functionality and general workmanship.
- Participates in Design Card scrub for technical accuracy and suggests options to achieve aesthetic intent and insures design elements are consistent across collections.
- Works closely with PD and cross-functional partners, including HKO, in support of development from concept to design card hand off.
- Identifies, clearly defines and resolves technical issues and partners with PD team to insure comments are communicated.
- Contributes technical advice on costing, backings, materials, etc.
- Works as a technical advisor to Design, suggesting solutions and alternatives to technical challenges.
- Participating in Costing meetings, suggesting cost saving measures while maintaining quality standards.
- Partners with service providers in the creation of panels and mock-ups.
- Collaborate with, develop and maintain close working relationships with Design, PD, Materials, Merch, Production, sourcing offices and vendors to ensure the quality, delivery and business practices are achieved and upheld.
- Make technical design recommendations for potential production, quality and costing issues to ensure brand integrity.
- Ability to troubleshoot and address any outstanding issues to Sr. Director/DVP in a timely manner.
- Manages Hardware requests for samples and production.
- Reviews and manages Hardware upon receiving to insure design consistency and that all components function correctly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Engineering or equivalent related experience
- Minimum 5 years Product Development and/or Engineering/Technical experience
- Minimum 2 years working as a Manager in PD or similar technical field
- Full understanding of manufacturing, sequence of operations and knowledge of total production timeline
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong communication, follow up, negotiation and influencing skills
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.
If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top