Manager, Technical Design - Handbags
- Manages, oversees and coordinates the work of Product Engineers while
- Performing engineering duties.
- Responsible for the technical construction required to achieve Design’s aesthetic intent, ensuring quality and engineering standards are maintained across all HB & SLG Product.
- Trains and develops staff to raise the level of Engineering expertise and professionalism.
- Partners with PE team and Production Team and HKO to identify and resolve any quality issues, engineering challenges and problems in production.
- Full understanding of development calendar, quality standards, manufacturing and sequence of operations.
- Ability to manage multiple people and projects while meeting PD calendar.
- Attends all product meetings.
- Supports PE team from Design Card creation to final product review.
- Key communicator of technical information in regards to achieving Design aesthetic intent and clarity of Design Card information from DC Handoff through Product Approval.
- Participates in sample review for aesthetics, overall dimensions, hand feel, functionality and general workmanship.
- Participates in Design Card scrub for technical accuracy and suggests options to achieve aesthetic intent and insures design elements are consistent across collections.
- Works closely with PD and cross-functional partners, including HKO, in support of development from concept to design card hand off.
- Identifies, clearly defines and resolves technical issues and partners with PD team to insure comments are communicated.
- Contributes technical advice on costing, backings, materials, etc.
- Works as a technical advisor to Design, suggesting solutions and alternatives to technical challenges.
- Participating in Costing meetings, suggesting cost saving measures while maintaining quality standards.
- Partners with service providers in the creation of panels and mock-ups.
- Collaborate with, develop and maintain close working relationships with Design, PD, Materials, Merch, Production, sourcing offices and vendors to ensure the quality, delivery and business practices are achieved and upheld.
- Make technical design recommendations for potential production, quality and costing issues to ensure brand integrity.
- Ability to troubleshoot and address any outstanding issues to Sr. Director/DVP in a timely manner.
- Manages Hardware requests for samples and production.
- Reviews and manages Hardware upon receiving to insure design consistency and that all components function correctly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Engineering or equivalent related experience
- Minimum 5 years Product Development and/or Engineering/Technical experience
- Minimum 2 years working as a Manager in PD or similar technical field
- Full understanding of manufacturing, sequence of operations and knowledge of total production timeline
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong communication, follow up, negotiation and influencing skills
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top