Manager, Product Development, Shoes - Sport
As a Tory Burch product developer manager, you are a critical cross-functional leader, pivotal in building aesthetically and quality authentic product while achieving financial goals.
- In collaboration with Technician, assesses and approves the engineering of all new constructions.
- Reviews and oversees issuance of all specs (BOMs/tech packs) for accuracy, completeness, quality, affordability, and compliance prior to release.
- Recommends enhancements, construction and material options to elevate our brand, hitting financial requirements. Resolves engineering that does not meet design, merchandising, production or financial needs.
- Coordinates with manufacturing partners and cross-functional teams to manage spec turnover within calendar to ensure timeliness in protos, SMS, and confirmation samples.
- Manages the handover of clean specs to manufacturing partners on behalf of design; communicates daily with overseas offices and direct suppliers on questions and changes to specs, standards; assists in interpreting design needs.
- Reviews all prototypes and market samples to ensure accuracy in execution to spec.
- Monitors, tracks, and reports on all requested prototypes.
- Oversees the maintenance of all standards issued for brand consistency.
- Supervises, schedules, and tracks all confirmation samples to ensure exact execution of final design; reviews and approves all colors and materials, addressing variances with vendors and Merch team.
- Works closely with the design teams on seasonal offering needs to provide options in materials, suppliers, techniques, and costs that are on brand.
- Sources options in materials and techniques while building a tight, strategic vendor base.
- With the team, participates in on-going factory base performance reviews, and recommends improvements to factories, vendor base, and geography.
- Aims to instill quality in the product from onset of development through final production.
- Reviews all components with an eye for quality and performance.
- Ensures that all components and constructions used are compliant for performance and restricted substances prior to production. Works in tandem with quality, technical, and compliance to achieve these ends.
- Tests questionable materials and treatments in development cycle for performance and compliance to prevent a lapse in production.
- Work across various footwear design teams to ensure logo usage compliance.
- Builds, manages, and flexes calendar to insure timely turnover of development, return of prototypes, and market samples and placement of final production.
- Monitors calendar daily to promote flow of development; apprises and resolves calendar variances with team and management.
- With design, merchandising, and production, manages liability inventories via special cuts and/or liquidation.
- As needed works closely with design and production to resolve delivery and material issues affecting production.
- Works on other relevant projects as required by supervisor.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent life experience.
- Minimum 6 years in footwear product development, sourcing, and/or production.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong math and collaborative skills.
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top