Manager, Product Development, Shoes - Sport
As a Tory Burch product developer manager, you are a critical cross-functional leader, pivotal in building aesthetically and quality authentic product while achieving financial goals.
- In collaboration with Technician, assesses and approves the engineering of all new constructions.
- Reviews and oversees issuance of all specs (BOMs/tech packs) for accuracy, completeness, quality, affordability, and compliance prior to release.
- Recommends enhancements, construction and material options to elevate our brand, hitting financial requirements. Resolves engineering that does not meet design, merchandising, production or financial needs.
- Coordinates with manufacturing partners and cross-functional teams to manage spec turnover within calendar to ensure timeliness in protos, SMS, and confirmation samples.
- Manages the handover of clean specs to manufacturing partners on behalf of design; communicates daily with overseas offices and direct suppliers on questions and changes to specs, standards; assists in interpreting design needs.
- Reviews all prototypes and market samples to ensure accuracy in execution to spec.
- Monitors, tracks, and reports on all requested prototypes.
- Oversees the maintenance of all standards issued for brand consistency.
- Supervises, schedules, and tracks all confirmation samples to ensure exact execution of final design; reviews and approves all colors and materials, addressing variances with vendors and Merch team.
- Works closely with the design teams on seasonal offering needs to provide options in materials, suppliers, techniques, and costs that are on brand.
- Sources options in materials and techniques while building a tight, strategic vendor base.
- With the team, participates in on-going factory base performance reviews, and recommends improvements to factories, vendor base, and geography.
- Aims to instill quality in the product from onset of development through final production.
- Reviews all components with an eye for quality and performance.
- Ensures that all components and constructions used are compliant for performance and restricted substances prior to production. Works in tandem with quality, technical, and compliance to achieve these ends.
- Tests questionable materials and treatments in development cycle for performance and compliance to prevent a lapse in production.
- Work across various footwear design teams to ensure logo usage compliance.
- Builds, manages, and flexes calendar to insure timely turnover of development, return of prototypes, and market samples and placement of final production.
- Monitors calendar daily to promote flow of development; apprises and resolves calendar variances with team and management.
- With design, merchandising, and production, manages liability inventories via special cuts and/or liquidation.
- As needed works closely with design and production to resolve delivery and material issues affecting production.
- Works on other relevant projects as required by supervisor.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent life experience.
- Minimum 6 years in footwear product development, sourcing, and/or production.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong math and collaborative skills.
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.
If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top