Manager, Planning, E-commerce
The Manager, Planning is responsible for analyzing and forecasting the our Ecommerce business to support our seasonal merchandising strategies and financial plans. This individual maintains the monthly divisional Open-to-Buy (OTB) and is able to speak in-depth about the pre-season and in-season plans. To excel in the position, this person must have excellent retail math and analytical skills, established planning experience, have creative problem solving skills, and enjoy working in a fast paced highly collaborative environment.
- Provide critical analytical support to the eCommerce organization, including sales and gross margin analyses.
- Create financial demand, sales and OTB plans, as well as in-season re-forecasting for key metrics at both seasonal and daily levels.
- Responsible for open to buy recommendations and inventory management including: Review weekly selling and sell-thru to identify and suggest additional reorder opportunities and out of stock risks.
- Partner with Buying/Merchandising leads to link tops down financial results to daily and weekly divisional performance, while outlining action to drive future results through productive promotions and markdown management.
- Collaborate with Finance, Marketing, and Buying/Merchandising leads to develop a pre-season and in-season promotion plan calendar to deliver top-line financials, as well as support the division-level needs
- Review receipt flows and aged inventory to ensure Ecommerce has the right inventory to maximize sales
- Work with Buying/Merchandising in ensuring overall product strategies align with the overall eCommerce business plan
- Identify additional reporting needs and process improvements for Ecommerce. Collaborate with IT to develop and enhance reporting.
- BA degree
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience as a Planner or similar analytical role. Proven experience with Inventory Control, Allocation, Merchandising, Demand Forecasting, Financial Planning or Analysis
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Retail Math, including Gross Margin proficiency
- Experience with eCommerce retail
- Self-starter: willingness to work independently to dig into business and present call-outs
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
- Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top