Manager, Inventory Accounting and Control
- Jersey City, NJ
The Manager is responsible for all finance functions, including duties associated with the monthly financial close, maintaining a strong internal control environment, maintaining accuracy of the physical inventory and providing insight of inventory and COGS. This position requires excellent analytical skills, experience in cost accounting and inventory management and the ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of month end close activities for inventory, and related inventory reserves and COGS, including journal entries, account reconciliations and roll-forwards in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Manage COGS functions, including inventory transactions, gross margin analytics and variances.
- Provide management effective understanding and analysis of inventory and COGS actual results, budget development and variance reporting.
- Act as main point of contact for all stores with regards to discrepancies in inventory and any adjustments required.
- Coordinate global midyear and annual physical inventory with Retail Operations, Distribution Center Inventory Control and Information Technology.
- Continuous research on new ways to improve the receipt and disbursement of merchandise in each retail location and the distribution center.
- Analyze inventory in-transit from factory to distribution center to retail store, and investigate shipping delays.
- Monitor all inventory movement types at the distribution center and retail stores.
- Maintain communication with stores as it relates to Inventory Control.
- Ensure practices are in place to prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation needed for management, internal and external reporting, external auditors, and SOX requirements.
- Support International locations to ensure consistent practices.
- Establish clear business and financial goals for self and group.
- Drives results and issues to closure.
- High level of attention to detail required in managing analytical tasks.
- A strong desire to succeed and be a part of a team.
- Ability to drive process improvements and develop systematic processes.
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Master's Degree or CPA preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience in inventory accounting and control in a corporate retail and wholesale environment.
- Experience in working with an inventory/ERP database, SAP experience.
- Excellent computer system, PC skills.
- Knowledge of U.S. General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to analyze, solve problems, and adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface comfortably at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to nurture and work in fast paced, team oriented environment; strong emphasis on team building through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top