Manager, Data Engineering and Architecture
- Jersey City, NJ
The role is to ensure end-to-end successful delivery for complex programs, projects, or multiple work streams in Data and Analytics domain. The Manager will be responsible for managing a vendor-led transformation of our Customer Data Lake (currently on Cloudera). This will also include managing Tableau Visualization Dashboards and managing projects in the MDM portfolio.
- Works with the offshore vendor to manage delivery against predetermined sprints defined during the design phase
- Manages partnerships with internal teams (Infrastructure, Enterprise Applications) to drive interdependencies and reduce risks
- Manages scope and quality of deliverables from offshore vendors
- Tests and validates releases
- Functions as the design authority for how Cloudera Data Lake gets used in our landscape and the migration to the new platform
- Drives end to end testing and signoff on sprints
Performance and Load Testing
- Participates in performance and load testing of the platform, including loads from reporting users, extraction and load of data into the Data Lake
- Works with the information delivery team to build out target information delivery architecture across Microstrategy and Tableau
- Works with the Tableau and Microstrategy team to develop target projects within the platform for backward compatibility to existing reports and subscriptions
- Works with the vendors to define stories for implementation
- Work with the offshore production team to organize handoff and onboarding in preparation for cutover
- Drive cutover activities at the time of release
- Practical experience in delivering projects in Informatica ETL, Big Data, Data Warehousing, Analytics and Business Intelligence.
- Good understanding of data engineering challenges and proven experience with data platform engineering (batch and streaming, ingestion, storage, processing, management, integration, consumption)
- At least 5 years of experience in gathering and understanding customer business requirements to introduce Big Data technologies
- Familiar with multiple Big Data technology stacks (e.g. Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- You have a deep understanding of data modelling and experience with data engineering tools and platforms such as Kafka, Spark, and Hadoop
- Aware of various tools, techniques, and hands-on knowledge on some of the tools, techniques (e.g. Python, Scala; data mining, predictive analytics, machine learning, etc)
- Experience with data visualization, aware of various tools, technologies • Good understanding of classical analytics methods; including relevant theories
- Good understanding of various delivery approaches, well versed in agile • Understanding data related security challenges
- Experience with one or more leading cloud providers (AWS/Azure/GCP), leading role in On-prem to cloud migration project(s)
- Hands on experience in Cloudera, Hortonworks and/or cloud (Azure HDInsight) based Hadoop distributions
- High degree of comfort to present both to large or small audiences
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Technical Discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 10+ years of experience with Data
- At least 2 complete lifecycles of delivery on Data Lake transformations (ETL, Modeling, Visualizations)
- 7+ years of experience with SQL
- 7+ years of data management experience in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Experience in Business Intelligence and data warehousing development techniques
- Excellent analytical, solution engineering, and communication skills
- Experience with Microstrategy, SAC or equivalent data visualization and business intelligence tools
- Experience in Tableau
- Experience in managing MDM projects
- Adaptable - Change before you have to. Changes course easily - Knows when to be patient and when to push - Works well in the gray - Shows grace under pressure - Owns mistakes and learns from them - Balances multiple priorities
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - Own it. Takes initiative, doesn't wait for direction - Builds for the future - Takes personal ownership and accountability - Is resourceful in getting things done
- Collaborative - No "I" in Tory. Is self-aware and open-minded - Integrates the perspectives of others - Is direct but respectful - Communicates cross functionally - Knows when to get people involved and when to make a decision - Takes an inclusive approach
- Client & Brand Focus - Put yourself in Tory's shoes. Passionate about the brand and the work - Creates a transformational client experience - Makes decisions in the best interest of the company and our customers - Focuses on internal and external customers
- Live the Values - Being "Buddy." Keeps the "Buddy Values" alive (Kindness, humility, warmth, honesty, loyalty, compassion, integrity, and passion) - It's not just what you do, but how you do it - Contributes to a positive and productive environment
- Functional Expertise - Know Your Stuff. Has the skills necessary to perform the job - Keeps current on trends, skills, and practices - Puts learning into practice
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top