Manager, Accounts Payable
- Jersey City, NJ
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for invoice and payment processing, including travel and entertainment reimbursement, month end closing and analytics and coordination of 1099 reporting. The Accounts Payable Manager is also responsible for coaching and managing the Accounts Payable staff to provide accurate and timely processing. This position interacts routinely and regular basis with internal and external customers. As the Accounts Payable Manager, you will support best practices, driving new initiatives and collaborate with internal business partners.
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems, and policies & procedures, to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Proven ability to lead and manage AP process and system implementations
- Manage and provide support to Accounts Payable staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Knowledgeable of end-to-end processing requirements for processing invoices and recording payments, including purchase order and non-purchase order accounts payable processing.
- Process weekly payments via checks, ACH, etc. for domestic and international vendors
- Assist with month end closing and accruals, including AP account reconciliations, ensuring individual and team deadlines and deliverables are met accurately and timely
- Work with internal stakeholders as needed to manage problem resolution, documentation, authorization, and expedited payments
- Maintain vendor relationships, resolve payment inquiries including payment disputes, misapplied payments, and statement reconciliations
- Support the weekly AP forecast and disbursement review process
- Manage the 1099 reporting and electronic transmission to IRS.
- Ensure practices are in place to prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation needed for management, internal and external reporting, external auditors, and SOX requirements.
- Support International locations to ensure consistent practices.
- Establish clear business and financial goals for self and group.
- Drives results and issues to closure.
- High level of attention to detail required in managing analytical tasks.
- A strong desire to succeed and be a part of a team.
- Ability to drive process improvements and develop systematic processes.
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- 7-10 years of Accounts Payable experience, three or more years of leadership experience included
- Experience in working with an inventory/ERP database, SAP experience
- Excellent computer system, PC skills
- Bachelor's Degree or requisite experience
- Ability to analyze, solve problems, and adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface comfortably at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to nurture and work in fast paced, team oriented environment; strong emphasis on team building through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top