Licensing Manager, Fragrance & Beauty
Work with VP of Licensing to relaunch and manage all aspects of the TB licensed fragrance/beauty category.
Work with brand founder to articulate vision for the category and onboard licensee.
Ensure consistent execution of brand strategy to present a seamless brand experience to the consumer.
Be the fragrance/beauty category expert.
- Liaison with licensees on the long term plan and the day to day issues
- Interface with licensee’s design, creative, sales, marketing, business development teams.
- Interface with brand Design, Creative Services, Marketing/PR, Sales, Finance, Retail/Ecomm and International teams.
- Work with founder, brand executives, and licensee to inform and articulate TB product strategy that supports brand, category, and commercial goals.
- Own the PD process from competitive/best in class recommendations to development meetings, direction and approvals, to launch.
- Manage and drive PD and asset creation development process across all touchpoints.
- Interface with TB divisional and licensee’s marketing/PR and creative services teams to inform, align, and guide marketing and PR goals and plans to optimize the category.
- Work with creative services to develop required asset support.
- Manage licensee requests for sales support material.
- Ensure adherence to corporate brand standards.
- Compile information for brand kits and brand reports.
- Work with VP and licensee to develop the commercial strategies.
- Monitor sales to budget and LY; track financial performance, compile reports working with finance.
- Collect and analyze weekly/month sales reports, prepare and distribute monthly business updates with actionable findings.
- Identify challenges and opportunities based on sales results and competitive landscape.
- Communicate seasonal style selling and impact of results.
- Maintain detailed domestic and international door matrices and distribution records.
- Research and handle new acct requests.
- Preparation of licensee sales info for meetings.
- Research as requested any potential new category/product development.
- Competitive and trend reporting (positioning/pricing/product mix/presentation).
- Maintain category information; synthesize trade articles and highlight potential impact/opps. Maintain trend files for category(ies).
- Monitor adherence to and timely submissions of contractual obligations.
- Summarize findings/changes and review with VP to ensure all commercial goals are on target. (examples: Sales reporting, Royalty statements, Projections, Marketing spend, OP sales, create yearend report summaries, distribution matrices)
- Assist with coordination of meetings and schedules.
- Maintain department records (ie financial, distribution, communications) and licensing server folders.
- Assist with meeting preparation and other projects as needs arise.
- Help manage total department calendar with key dates, activities and deadlines.
- Training on product style data creation, entry, and maintenance into various internal systems to understand the process and assist if needed.
- Work with cross-functional partners and on special projects as needed (i.e. retail training, market coordination, category launches).
- College graduate.
- 8+ years – Fragrance/beauty product, commercial and brand development, Licensing.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to interface with all levels of management.
- Excellent product sensibility and market awareness in fashion, fragrance and beauty.
- Creative with an eye for trend and innovation.
- Ability to project manage complex launches with multiple cross functional partners.
- Business and sales analytical skills.
- Self-starter - strong sense of urgency and initiative.
- Ability to multi task in fast environment.
- Diplomacy and sensitivity in communications.
- Strong Power Point, Excel, Word skills.
Back to top