Lead, Distribution Center
- McDonough, GA
The Picking Lead reports directly to the Supervisor and is responsible for being a partner in department planning and ultimately carrying out and sustaining agreed upon processes for daily departmental success. The Lead also has an obligation to convey associate concerns and requests to the supervisor in the department in which they reside. In this role, the Lead should also be prepared to work in the operation at any given time as needed/requested. The Picking Lead will focus on the minute to minute needs of the operation by keeping picked goods flowing to the goods to person locations and packing stations, solving any orders that cannot be systemically picked and communicating concerns with wrong data from the cubiscan to include barcodes and UPC's. This allows the supervisor to focus on forecasting, overall strategy, labor allocation and associate needs.
- Distribute and manage the workload for the department. Ensure that the workflow is maintained in such a fashion as to minimize downtime where an associate has no work available.
- Be a partner in the origination and execution of agreed upon daily plans for the department
- Support 5S initiatives through following the practice of having everything in its place as well as helping the associates to understand the importance and value of exuding this culture
- Be an advocate for safety in the distribution center emulating correct lifting techniques and supporting safety initiatives. Be aware of surroundings and making everyone's safety your responsibility.
- Be approachable and have the ability to interact with an associate citing any performance opportunities as well as successes
- Initiate a daily routine that consists of checks and processes to ensure that the department operates the same way day after day. When a goal or standard isn't being met partner with leadership to solve for this daily.
- Assist the associates with immediate needs around product verification
- Ensure that the established process for picking customer product, accounting and locating of damaged product and the general best practices are followed
- Assist the department Supervisor with any special projects around picking goods that are being returned or transferred to another facility, and any other project that might require removing items from locations, etc.
- Receive training on every piece of material handling equipment and job function in the picking department to mitigate unforeseen absenteeism of key associates and cover key roles
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed including days regularly scheduled off, such as weekends and holidays
- Coach associates and provide appropriate training and feedback to help to the associates in the department meet their goals. This will be performed individually and as a partnership with the supervisor depending on the circumstance.
- Ensure that your planning coincides with any time off for associates and keep your supervisor apprised of any changes or impact the vacation or personal day will have on the operation.
- Work with your supervisor and area manager to ensure that performance opportunities are addressed.
- Listen to associate concerns & work with your supervisor to ensure that any issues are addressed. Have the ability to understand the distinction between an immediate need and something that needs addressed over time.
- Assist the supervisor in the evaluation of associates for performance appraisals of department personnel
- Assist the supervisor in analyzing available data to evaluate individual & departmental performance
- Continually look for ways to improve output & make recommendations to improve performance
- Challenge the status quo & promote a culture that challenges processes or functions for efficiency and any unwanted waste. Support this initiative through meeting, solving and helping to implement improved processes or functions as a team.
- Assess challenges and partner with the supervisor helping to implement solutions to improve process flow
- Assist in the training and development of associates when needed. Be the hourly level subject matter expert for processes and functions in your department at the associate level.
- Communicate operational issues & report any safety concerns to the supervisor of the department
- Be approachable and have the ability to interact with an associate or Leader citing any business needs, change in job function or matter at hand, while doing so in a manner that minimizes conflict but conveys the intended message is ideal.
- Leverage Company values and support corporate and warehouse policies and objectives
- Recognize and communicate any changes in the picking workload to the supervisor of the department.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .
Back to top