Hardware Designer, Shoes
Creatively Produce & Manage Hardware for Shoe. Collaborating with shoe design teams from concept through production.
- Bring to life Tory’s design aesthetic for shoes Hardware + create a cohesive message across categories.
- Carry direction from design lead and approach with concepts, ready to present ideas and concepts.
- Proactively bring design suggestions to shoe category each season.
- Communicate ideas through sketch & illustrations.
- Source & develop materials such as: metals, plastics, natural materials (i.e. wood, coconut, shell, etc.) Beading & stones, sequence & enameling.
- Cross communicate hardware development with cross category teams to help align calendars & design aesthetics to help align collections.
- Facilitate workflow from shoe team to hardware teams along with product development teams.
- Create tech packs along with further communication to drive the development process instruct development teams.
- Manage and track samples to further assist design in presentations and market appointments.
- To have an expertise with communicating technical direction along with partnering with design /product development teams in fittings and development meetings.
- Research current & vintage trends / markets
- 4-5 years of experience within the shoes/handbag/jewelry.
- Ability to contribute creative ideas and materials and properly translate them into product that reflects and elevates the Tory Burch brand.
- Ease in balancing and managing creative multiple deliveries simultaneously
- Strong sketching and illustration concept skills.
- Efficient in Adobe illustrator & Photoshop & knowledge of 3D Rhino
- Strong experience and knowledge with materials (mentioned above)
- Ability to clearly and accurately complete tech specs.
- Ability to come up with new and innovative solutions in problem solving situations.
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top