General Manager - Short Hills
As a Tory Burch General Manager you are the ultimate ambassador of our brand. You’re accountable for creating a highly productive environment in which customers have an extraordinary experience, employees are able to do their best and the business thrives. This requires a constant balancing of priorities, including strategic, operational & leadership excellence with an authentic approach.
Drive the Business & Deliver Results
- Achieve financial targets through a strategic approach focused on developing, monitoring and the improvement of measureable statistics that drive the business.
- Oversee the development of clientele through leading by example in the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, produce strong results from proactive outreach and the development of a client business through your sales staff.
- Development of business driving initiatives that build a repeat business or that attracts a new customer.
- Model and supervise the selling environment, providing consistent coaching on sales, product and client training in order to ensure the highest level of customer service and sales.
- Ensure disciplined management of store expenses such as payroll/wages, supplies, associate wardrobe, etc.
- Manage your people resources to maximize sales, traffic flow, floor coverage and customer engagement.
- Be proactive in communicating about product buying & allocation according to your customer demographic & business potential.
- Analyze, interpret & strategically apply data (both internal measures & external trends) to identify key issues and maximize your business; this includes reporting-out of key information to inform corporate partners.
- Run your business with agility, changing direction & continuously improving based on key indicators and lessons learned.
Leadership & People Management
- Lead by example and model behavior that reflects the company’s core values.
- Translate the company’s overarching vision & strategy in a way that resonates with your team & maximizes your business.
- Set clear goals & expectations and hold people accountable to a high standard of excellence.
- Manage overall team performance & growth.
- Build a world-class talent pool.
- Create & execute a strategy for effective store communications (team-based as well as one-on-one) to ensure that your staff is involved & updated.
- Display a strong commitment to self-development and growth.
Create the Customer Experience
- Lead by example & create an environment and a team that consistently delivers transformational customer experiences.
- Create, model and manage a highly productive selling environment by providing consistent training & coaching.
- Take ownership for the transformational experience in your boutique – customize it for your customer demographic & enable your team to develop & maintain productive customer relationships.
- Ensure visual merchandising and maintenance standards are met at all times.
Represent the Brand
- Emulate, teach and coach the brand aesthetic & embody a strong sense of fashion sensibility and an enthusiastic attitude.
- Oversee the development of clientele by designing & supporting strategic initiatives that build our customer base & increase repeat business.
- Take ownership for maintaining the Tory Burch aesthetic across all touch points including associate presentation, dress code, visual standards, maintenance and merchandising to create a fully branded environment.
- Contribute to the community in a way that is aligned with Tory Burch social responsibility initiatives & that helps us reach new customers & build brand awareness.
- Generate new ideas & apply an entrepreneurial spirit to help build & continuously improve the business.
- Understand the importance of & ensure the efficient running of all store operations.
- Consistently adhere to all operational procedures and guidelines.
- Proficient and expert user of all core systems & technologies including but not limited to POS, Epicor/Web-IM, Client Book, i-Pad & Microsoft Excel and Word applications.
- Enforce our people policies & ensure accurate and timely processing of employee paperwork (including but not limited to payroll & time/attendance, employee changes & employee discipline).
- Protect our assets by adhering to all loss prevention and operational policies & procedures.
- Manage all inventory movement by ensuring the accurate & timely processing of mark-downs, transfers, RTVs & consolidations, damages and repairs, shipment receiving, customer sends, POS transactions, etc.
- Ensure strong partnership with your DOS/MM and other Corporate Partners to ensure alignment & timely two-way communication.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi task and prioritize work to produce desired outcomes
- Undergraduate degree (business or fashion related discipline a plus).
- 5+ years experience as a General Manager in a luxury or service driven environment.
- Proven track record of success.
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.
If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
Back to top