Footwear Product Development Manager (Fashion/ Made in EU)
Responsible for all developments following through to Production in regard to “Fashion/ Made in EU” Footwear program.
DEVELOPMENT/PRE-PRODUCTION – Fashion / Made in EU
- Review and oversee issuance of specs (BOMs/tech packs) for accuracy and completeness prior to release.
- Attend hand – offs and assist with factory allocation and begin product development process.
- Work with design to execute product specifications. Manage creation of complete proto and market sample specs, tech packs and corrections.
- Attend and organize fittings
- Execute the pass off of corrections to manufacturing partners on behalf of design; communicates daily with overseas offices and direct suppliers on questions and changes to specs, standards; interprets design’s needs.
- Facilitate cost engineering to meet cost goals, including maximizing construction opportunities while minimizing liabilities. Identify where costing objectives are out of sync with manufacturing or supplier trends.
- Has strong understanding of accurate definition, costing, and production lead times of materials and key components.
- Coordinate with Factories to manage spec and correction turnover within calendar to ensure timeliness in prototypes, SMS, and confirmation samples.
- Monitor, track, and report on all requested prototypes and SMS.
- Review all prototypes, SMS, and Confirmation Samples to ensure accuracy in execution to design and specs.
- Responsible for all the pre-production processes.
- Travel to suppliers, factories, offices as needed.
- Follow calendar to insure timely turnover of development specs, return of prototypes, and swatches and components.
- Manage seasonal pre-production milestone calendar. Drive self and partner departments to maintain schedule in order to produce quality product on time that meets design and business objectives. Involve management when delays jeopardize timely milestone achievements.
- Monitor calendar daily to promote flow of development; apprises and resolves calendar variances with Director.
- Work cross-functionally with Design and Merchandising to keep track of the contents of the line at the style, materials, and color levels.
- Ensure PDM is up-to-date at all times, according to development calendar.
- Work independently with and cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and align on content.
- Organize samples and material swatches.
- Works on other relevant projects as required by Director.
- 5+ years experience in product development is required with exposure in footwear with European Production.
- PLM knowledge is a huge plus.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Italian or Spanish
- Strong time management skills; ability to adhere to deadlines
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment
Back to top