The Europe Operations, Sr. Associate will lead logistics and transportation management; as well as trade compliance management for Retail, Wholesale and e-commerce in Europe. The incumbent will also support his/her manager to identify opportunities and potential issues that could impact the Tory Burch distribution network and fulfillment, ensuring a high level of service delivery to internal customers at a competitive cost.
Logistics and Transportation Management
- Understand company requirements from key stakeholders group, e.g. Retail, Wholesale, e-commerce, Finance, et al and develop procedures for operational excellence
- Oversee the transportation network for merchandise and non-merchandise supporting Retail, Wholesale, e-commerce businesses;
Provide reliable and timely delivery with advance notice of anticipated problems
Provide flexible, scalable operations to maintain service in various business conditions
- Manage satellite warehouse in UK operated by 3PL partners
- Maintain cost control, accuracy & predictability of logistics cost
- Develop and distribute appropriate reporting
- Leverage knowledge of internal partners
- Identify and as appropriate materialize key opportunities with internal and external partners on service enhancement, cost reduction, channel extension, et cetera
- Identify needs for future improvements to/enablers from other functions, e.g. IT, Planning & Allocation, Stores, e-commerce, Talent, Finance, etc.
Trade compliance management
- Responsible to address trade compliance issues in region to mitigate import/export compliance risk & liability
- Understand and keep up-to-dated of with applicable rules and regulations, e.g. Free trade agreement(s), in Europe/Middle East, for existing markets and new markets
- Assess the implication of rules and regulations on Tory Burch in the areas of
Risk to Tory Burch sales and sourcing
Processes re-engineering or designing new processes
- Communicate the requirements to internal or external operators
Define the requirements and document SOP
Provide training and education to stakeholders
- Monitor the output in terms of, e.g.
Master data maintenance
Trade documentation (regular and/or special programs)
Developing reports for customs audit or other purposes
Broker performance; KPI reporting
- Lead/support projects, e.g.
ERP change, e.g. on data requirement
"Ship-To" analysis/global network design assessing trade compliance impact and implication
Local customs audit
Support global/local broker selection & evaluation
External partners/3PL management
- In conjunction with partners, lead the selection of external partners by running major logistics services tenders - developing analysis tools, managing project timelines, coordinating with internal stakeholders and 3PLs and conducting commercial negotiation with 3PLs to manage cost impact on Tory Burch supply chain
- Manage performance of 3PLs and maintain relationship
- Leverage knowledge of external partners
- Liaise with and as appropriate manage external partners on projects
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Bachelor's Degree (Supply Chain, Logistics, Or STEM) preferred
- 8 - 10 years of relevant work experience in Supply Chain Management, Trade compliance, International logistics, Global transportation, Retail Distribution and/ or related professional experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong in Stakeholder management
- Strong communication skills
- Adaptable - Change before you have to
- Changes course easily - Knows when to be patient and when to push - Works well in the gray - Shows grace under pressure - Owns mistakes and learns from them - Balances multiple priorities
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - Own it
- Takes initiative, doesn't wait for direction - Builds for the future - Takes personal ownership and accountability - Is resourceful in getting things done
- Collaborative - No "I" in Tory
- Is self-aware and open-minded - Integrates the perspectives of others - Is direct but respectful - Communicates cross functionally - Knows when to get people involved and when to make a decision - Takes an inclusive approach
- Client & Brand Focus - Put yourself in Tory's shoes
- Passionate about the brand and the work - Creates a transformational client experience - Makes decisions in the best interest of the company and our customers - Focuses on internal and external customers
- Live the Values - Being "Buddy"
- Keeps the "Buddy Values" alive: Honesty + Kindness, Passion + Humility, Integrity + Compassion, Excellence + Humor.- It's not just what you do, but how you do it - Contributes to a positive and productive environment
- Functional Expertise - Know Your Stuff
- Has the skills necessary to perform the job - Keeps current on trends, and skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .