District Visual Manager - Orlando
- Flexible / Remote
Lead and develop the company's visual presentation in the US and Canada Retail Locations, and establish the Tory Burch visual merchandising standards throughout the assigned District. This role is all about leading the creation and maintenance of store environments which promote the Tory Burch brand, showcases & moves TB products, and delivers the ultimate customer experience and achieve financial targets through a strategic approach focused on developing, monitoring and the improvement of measurable statistics that drive the business. This person will need to have a well-developed understanding of the Tory Burch Visual presentation standards and strong business acumen, effectively balancing aesthetics with productivity, and be extremely creative as well as an effective communicator and trainer.
FOCUS AREA #1: Training Store Visual Merchandising Strategy & Standards
- Direct GM's and Visual leads by teaching company visual principles through in-store and virtual training sessions and conference calls.
- Further develop, adapt, and implement Visual guidelines including but not limited to window presentations and in-store displays; through virtual walkthroughs, conferences, etc. Actively participate in necessary travel and physical set-ups/installations
- Partner with RVM and DM's on business opportunities by store and react with on-brand visual merchandising techniques
- Execute tests / strategies and manage / communicate how visual influences business
- Participate in the development of Visual Merchandising educational, training tools/ LMS platform; develop standardized training and store communication protocols
- Communicate execution of VM from tests/ strategies / business takeaways through recaps
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in developing targeted strategies to uphold the Visual Merchandising standards
- Demonstrates a strong working relationship with field management
- Emulate the brand aesthetic and embody a strong sense of fashion and an enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Contribute to maintaining all brand and operating standards to support brand consistency
- Identify Best-In-Class Visual Merchandising trends/ comp analysis in the local market (windows, signage, props, communications, technologyetc.)
- Actively participate in the collaborative development of new visual elements and store/ window props
- Resolve store-specific merchandising opportunities that require adaptations based on district/market, store architecture, inventory levels, and business trends
FOCUS AREA #2: Creative & Motivational Leadership
- Build cross-functional relationships with external partners including but not limited to buying, planning, allocation
- Assist in the interviewing and selection of Visual talent, developing the market and in-store support and growing the field team
- Coordinate and conduct Visual training sessions and workshops throughout the district
- Train the GM, and store teams in updated Visual standards and guidelines
- Coach and motivate field Visual teams while holding teams accountable and filtering feedback through field supervisors including DM and GM
- Travel with cross-functional partners in their market to influence Visual decision making
FOCUS AREA #3: Visual Support- Special Events and New Store Openings
- Support and/ or oversee all of the New Store Openings within the district, leveraging Visual talent throughout the field as needed
- Oversee and/ or execute special event Set-ups including but not limited to Press Previews, Styling Sessions and Brand Launch Events
- Visual Market support; review Visual needs and product assortment with Retail Buying teams during Market
- Responsible for ordering 'New Store Opening' prop package and mannequins with Visual Operations
- Work closely with cross-functional partners such as Marketing, Buying and PR to support their Visual needs (Press Previews, special events, etc.)
FOCUS AREA #4: Hands-On Visual Support
- Support the planning, execution, and follow-up of key rollouts and initiatives; physical set-ups/installations as needed
- Travel as necessary and onsite and virtual visits to provide in-the-moment coaching, training and feedback.
- Photo management/ reviews and regular touch-bases with in-store management to include submission of weekly recap noting opportunities and successes along with general budget notes.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES NOT COVERED IN FOCUS AREAS:
- Will report to respective DM in the district and dotted line into RVMs
- Special Projects as needed
PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Minimum of 5 years Visual Merchandising experience with a luxury goods retailer (preferred).
- Strong organizational, management and leadership skills with the ability to multi-task
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presenting material in an organized and compelling manner.
- Demonstrated ability to balance maintenance and installations on a rolling calendar.
- Ability to conduct installations outside of standard working and retail boutique hours (i.e., early mornings, evenings and weekends).
- Word, PowerPoint and Excel proficiency
- Photoshop & Illustrator proficiency preferred
- Ability to work independently with strong initiative on many different types of projects simultaneously with aggressive timelines
- Ability to prioritize, work independently as well as with large groups
- Desire and ability to travel
Please note any skills/qualities you would want someone to have in this role in addition to our core skills:
- Adaptable - Change before you have to
- Changes course easily - Knows when to be patient and when to push - Works well in the gray - Shows grace under pressure - Owns mistakes and learns from them - Balances multiple priorities
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - Own it
- Takes initiative, doesn't wait for direction - Builds for the future - Takes personal ownership and accountability - Is resourceful in getting things done
- Collaborative - No "I" in Tory
- Is self-aware and open-minded - Integrates the perspectives of others - Is direct but respectful - Communicates cross functionally - Knows when to get people involved and when to make a decision - Takes an inclusive approach
- Client & Brand Focus - Put yourself in Tory's shoes
- Passionate about the brand and the work - Creates a transformational client experience - Makes decisions in the best interest of the company and our customers - Focuses on internal and external customers
- Live the Values - Being "Buddy"
- Keeps the "Buddy Values" alive (Honesty & Kindness, Passion & Humility, Compassion & Integrity, and Humor & Excellence) - It's not just what you do, but how you do it - Contributes to a positive and productive environment
- Functional Expertise - Know Your Stuff
- Has the skills necessary to perform the job - Keeps current on trends, skills, and practices - Puts learning into practice
- FOR PEOPLE MANAGERS: Team Builder - It's all about "We"
- Sets team goals and roles - Develops, motivates and empowers - Delivers constructive and encouraging feedback - Holds people accountable for results - Recognizes high performance
- FOR PEOPLE MANAGERS: Change Leader - Manage Change
- Challenges the current point of view - Puts changes in context for the team - Executes changes that impact the business - Is proactive and positive - Listens to and keeps the team up to speed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree (business or fashion related discipline a plus).
- 3-5 years of management experience in a luxury or service driven environment.
- Prior experience as an Area/District/Regional Visual Manager a plus.
- Proven track record of success.
- Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the business, including overnights, evenings, holidays and weekend shifts.
- Overnight travel may will required.
- Ability to lift (at least 40 lbs.), carry, push, pull, squat, kneel, twist, turn, climb ladders, crawl, reach, bend and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .
Back to top