Director, Retail Systems
The Director of Retail Systems will lead and manage the delivery capability across Tory Burch’s Retail application landscape. They will work closely with VP Digital Technology, Innovation and Applications to shape the technology strategy for our Retail environment globally. They will be adept at interpreting company strategy and delivering technology programs that meet and exceed the business goals. They will have a passion for retail operations and process. They will pride themselves in the relationships they create with their business partners and IT colleagues. They will be comfortable partnering with like-minded talented individuals and will have a proven track record in building unity and a team culture in a previous role. They will have a continuous improvement mindset and strive to provide our sales associates with high quality performant solutions. As Tory Burch experiences continued growth it is essential our technology platforms continue to evolve. This person will partner closely with the Digital and ERP application teams to ensure our Retail application landscape remains at the forefront of innovation and digital evolution.
• To build and lead a learning organization of Retail and Omni channel technologists.
• To partner with senior business leadership across Retail, Digital Commerce and Supply Chain to shape the joint business and technology roadmap across our Retail estate.
• To provide thought leadership in innovation, design governance, development standards, monitoring, feedback and continuous improvement strategies for all technology applications released into the Tory Burch retail landscape.
• Deliver solutions that seamlessly blur the physical and digital within the Retail environment.
• Establish a product centric operating model in partnership with business stakeholders.
• Delivery of the Retail technology and business roadmap
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of Tory Burch’s Retail technology landscape
• Third party resource contract negotiations
• Work with VP of Infrastructure and Shared Services to support a continuous improvement mind-set to the Application Management and Support function of the Retail systems we bring into the production landscape.
• Recruitment and retention of key Tory Burch domain knowledge experts within the Retail technology space
• Define personal development plans for all key Tory Burch staff in Retail Applications team
• Management of internal resource budget
• Experience leading delivery teams with lean or agile methodologies (not essential but a passion for lean and kaizen is a plus)
• Experience of Retail operations and delivering mission critical technology into a Retail environment.
• Experience delivering digital and cloud based applications into a Retail environment
• Experience partnering and strategizing with C-Suite executives
• Experience defining technology and project roadmaps
• Strong technical knowledge of Retail systems and retail business processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree desired
• Must be able to demonstrate passion, humility, empathy and a drive for results in equal measures
• Works for their team
• Seeks to simplify and standardize
• Drives for perfection – instils a mindset of fixing problems not managing them
• Takes pride in delighting our retail staff
• Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to embrace our culture
• Strong sense of team
• Ability to communicate our WHY
• Very strong analytical approach to problem solving and solution development
• Ability to communication effectively, both verbal and written
• Highly organized
• Adept at multitasking in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top