Compensation & Benefits Manager
- Hong Kong
An individual contributor to partner with Talent Development Partners in Japan to ensure local compliance, provide advice to Talent teams and develop appropriate compensation & benefits strategy for building our employer branding, making Tory Burch a desirable Company to work for.
To provide operational Compensation and Benefits shared service and support to all functions within Japan, implementing global/regional Compensation and Benefits programs and ensuring smooth localization in addition to providing Compensation and Benefits consulting services to the business.
Compensation & Benefits
• Provide advice to Talent development partners and business leaders on all rewards related issues
• Act as a compensation partner to ensure best practices are implemented across the business in Japan
• Partner with Talent Development Partners to identify Compensation and Benefit issues, formulate and implement various legally compliant Compensation & Benefits policies and ensure the execution of policies are consistent and aligned with global policy
• Ensure global/regional talent polices are locally appropriate and meet all regulatory and compliance requirements
• Evaluate and analyze the existing compensation & benefits schemes to advise and ensure the program meet growing business objectives and market competitive
• Analyze local salary structures (market bench marking and salary surveys) and develop salary structure models that ensure external competitiveness, internal equity and pay for performance
• Conduct annual assignment on C&B programs including salary review, compensation and benefit benchmarking exercises
• Be the Japan representative on development, implementation, go-live and post go-live on Talent projects driven by US head office
• Manage external vendors such as pension & insurance service providers, Workday consultants to ensure service quality
• Contribute innovative and creative ideas to continuously improve daily operations
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
• Degree holder in Human Resources or other Business Administration related disciplines
• At least 5 years' experience in Compensation & Benefits, prefer with experience in a complex matrix organization
• Experience in Retail industry
• Working knowledge of labor laws and various local regulations and practice in the Japan
• Strong compliance mindset with high attention to detail
• Knowledge and experience in market analysis and bench marking, strong analytic skills
• Proactive and timely on follow-up and delivery of accurate work with good problem solving and time management skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluent in spoken English and Japanese
• Proficiency in MS applications
• Travel within the region will be required
• Adaptable - Change before you have to
o Changes course easily - Knows when to be patient and when to push - Works well in the gray - Shows grace under pressure - Owns mistakes and learns from them - Balances multiple priorities
• Entrepreneurial Spirit - Own it
o Takes initiative, doesn't wait for direction - Builds for the future - Takes personal ownership and accountability - Is resourceful in getting things done
• Collaborative - No "I" in Tory
o Is self-aware and open-minded - Integrates the perspectives of others - Is direct but respectful - Communicates cross functionally - Knows when to get people involved and when to make a decision - Takes an inclusive approach
• Client & Brand Focus - Put yourself in Tory's shoes
o Passionate about the brand and the work - Creates a transformation client experience - Makes decisions in the best interest of the company and our customers - Focuses on internal and external customers
• Live the Values - Being "Buddy"
o Keeps the "Buddy Values" alive (Kindness, humility, warmth, honesty, loyalty, compassion, integrity, and passion) - It's not just what you do, but how you do it - Contributes to a positive and productive environment
• Functional Expertise - Know Your Stuff
o Has the skills necessary to perform the job - Keeps current on trends, skills, and practices - Puts learning into practice
• FOR PEOPLE MANAGERS: Team Builder - It's all about "We"
o Sets team goals and roles - Develops, motivates and empowers - Delivers constructive and encouraging feedback - Holds people accountable for results - Recognizes high performance
• FOR PEOPLE MANAGERS: Change Leader - Change is the essence of life
o Challenges the current point of view - Puts changes in context for the team - Executes changes that impact the business - Is proactive and positive - Listens to and keeps the team up to speed
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
NateSenior Industrial Engineer
Nate oversees the maintenance of Tory Burch distribution centers, ensuring that processes are always improving and proper tools are in place to minimize mistakes and optimize worker safety.
Back to top