Buyer, Retail Buying, Shoes
As the Buyer for shoes, you will support and execute on the buying process for the Tory Burch stores in North America.
- Model behavior that reflects the company values.
- Partners with others regarding decisions on assortments, business, etc, to gain support and consensus.
- Address challenges on a professional level.
Product & Assortment Planning
- Participate in the building of assortments during market and create buying strategies down to classification level.
- Think strategically about sku productivity and in store presentations while assorting the line.
- Gain a strong understanding of the Tory Burch customer: visit stores bi-weekly, review product performance, and communicate learnings back to team.
- Competitive knowledge: competitive shop, read relevant publications to keep on top of trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MicroStrategy, IPT and EPICOR.
- Maintain buy plans to ensure accuracy, act as the point person for the rest of the team.
- Execute and initiate on in season strategies as determined by buying team.
- Markdown management - pricing and store communication.
- Respond to store requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Review historical performance at the category and key item level on weekly basis.
- Partner with planning and senior buyer on the determination of receipt plans, margin/IMU targets, and product flow.
- Set up visual displays in showroom for pre-meets and investment reviews.
- Sample maintenance during market to ensure availability for meetings.
Cross Functional Collaboration
- Build cross-functional team relationships; adopt a collaborative style.
- Recommend, support, and implement process and procedural improvements into daily responsibilities.
- Partner with Planning and Allocation on the following processes: assortment planning, OTB, in season strategies and allocations to maximize inventory performance
- Work cross functionally with Stores, Marketing, PR, Web, Visual and Operations, to ensure they have the tools to understand and support the assortment strategy.
- Partner with merchandising team to insure balanced assortment and share product feedback.
Strategic Thinking and Financial Acumen
- Prepare Monday reports and pull data necessary to recap business and propose actions to drive sales.
- Maintain accurate in warehouse dates and communicate any delays in new deliveries.
- Understanding of retail math and participate in open to buy forecasting process with planning.
- Undergraduate degree (business or fashion related discipline a plus)
- 5 years of retail buying experience in a luxury or service driven environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .
Back to top