Associate Buyer, NA Retail Stores – RTW, Jewelry & Soft Accessories
As the Associate Buyer for NA Retail Stores, you will support and execute the buying process for the Tory Burch stores in North America with a goal of maximizing assortment strategy by location and category to drive sales.
- Model behavior that reflects the company values.
- Partners with others regarding decisions on assortments, business, etc, to gain support and consensus.
- Address challenges on a professional level.
Product & Assortment Planning
- Participate in the building of assortments; provide prepared ideas on editing process.
- Gain a strong understanding of the Tory Burch customer: visit stores monthly, review new deliveries, and communicate learnings back to team.
- Competitive knowledge: competitive shop, read relevant publications to keep on top of trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, SAP and EPICOR.
- Maintain the buy plans (order pads) to ensure accuracy, act as the point person for the rest of the team.
- Execute and initiate on in season strategies as determined by Director of Buying & Planning.
- Manage markdowns/exit strategies.
- Participate & drive hindsighting and line plan development.
- Respond to store requests and inquiries.
- Participate in visual process for stores.
- Review historical performance at the category and key item level.
- Partner with Planning and Buying Manager on the determination of financial plans (particularly receipt flow) to drive assortment execution.
- Review with planning the analysis of business by style, delivery and category to understand prior performance and develop future goals.
Cross Functional Collaboration
- Build cross-functional team relationships; adopt a collaborative style.
- Recommend, support, and implement process and procedural improvements into daily responsibilities.
- Partner with Planning and Allocation on the following processes: assortment planning, OTB, in season strategies and allocations to maximize inventory performance.
- Work cross functionally with Stores, Marketing, Web, Visual and Operations, to ensure they have the tools to understand and support the assortment strategy.
- Partner with merchandising team to insure product offering covers the needs of the NA business. Ability to provide constructive feedback to this team during product/buy reviews.
Strategic Thinking and Financial Acumen
- Proficient in retail math.
- Analyze the business weekly, recapping divisions’ business and reporting out on key trends to upper management (through presentations and in-person team meetings).
- Come up with new reports and ways of looking at the business.
- Knowledge of the competition and retail market.
- Undergraduate degree (business or fashion related discipline a plus)
- 2-4 years of retail buying experience in a luxury or service driven environment
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top