Associate Buyer, NA Retail Stores – RTW, Jewelry & Soft Accessories
As the Associate Buyer for NA Retail Stores, you will support and execute the buying process for the Tory Burch stores in North America with a goal of maximizing assortment strategy by location and category to drive sales.
- Model behavior that reflects the company values.
- Partners with others regarding decisions on assortments, business, etc, to gain support and consensus.
- Address challenges on a professional level.
Product & Assortment Planning
- Participate in the building of assortments; provide prepared ideas on editing process.
- Gain a strong understanding of the Tory Burch customer: visit stores monthly, review new deliveries, and communicate learnings back to team.
- Competitive knowledge: competitive shop, read relevant publications to keep on top of trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, SAP and EPICOR.
- Maintain the buy plans (order pads) to ensure accuracy, act as the point person for the rest of the team.
- Execute and initiate on in season strategies as determined by Director of Buying & Planning.
- Manage markdowns/exit strategies.
- Participate & drive hindsighting and line plan development.
- Respond to store requests and inquiries.
- Participate in visual process for stores.
- Review historical performance at the category and key item level.
- Partner with Planning and Buying Manager on the determination of financial plans (particularly receipt flow) to drive assortment execution.
- Review with planning the analysis of business by style, delivery and category to understand prior performance and develop future goals.
Cross Functional Collaboration
- Build cross-functional team relationships; adopt a collaborative style.
- Recommend, support, and implement process and procedural improvements into daily responsibilities.
- Partner with Planning and Allocation on the following processes: assortment planning, OTB, in season strategies and allocations to maximize inventory performance.
- Work cross functionally with Stores, Marketing, Web, Visual and Operations, to ensure they have the tools to understand and support the assortment strategy.
- Partner with merchandising team to insure product offering covers the needs of the NA business. Ability to provide constructive feedback to this team during product/buy reviews.
Strategic Thinking and Financial Acumen
- Proficient in retail math.
- Analyze the business weekly, recapping divisions’ business and reporting out on key trends to upper management (through presentations and in-person team meetings).
- Come up with new reports and ways of looking at the business.
- Knowledge of the competition and retail market.
- Undergraduate degree (business or fashion related discipline a plus)
- 2-4 years of retail buying experience in a luxury or service driven environment
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.
If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top