Associate Buyer, Handbags & Small Leather Goods
As the Associate Buyer for Tory Burch Retail Outlet North America, you will support and execute on the buying process for the Handbags and Small Leather Goods categories. This role will work hand in hand with the Merchandise Manager to successfully develop and drive seasonal business strategies.
- Model behavior that reflects the company values
- Partners with others regarding decisions on assortments, business, etc, to gain support and consensus
- Address challenges on a professional level
- Approaches work with a positive & go-getter attitude
Product & Assortment Planning
- Build Made-For-Outlet Handbag and Small Leather Goods assortments; provide prepared ideas on editing process based off hindsights
- Maintain the buy plans & line sheets to ensure accuracy, act as the point person for the rest of the team
- Partner with planning on the determination of receipt plans, margin and IMU goals, and flow strategies to drive assortment execution
- Review with planning the analysis of business by style, delivery and category to understand prior performance and develop future goals
- Run weekly sales reports and analyze product performance highlighting key takeaways and learnings
- Gain a strong understanding of the Tory Burch customer: visit stores monthly, review new deliveries, and communicate learnings back to team.
- Maintain working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, SAP, Microstrategy ,EPICOR, IPT & PDM
- Drive, execute and initiate on in season strategies (markdowns, promotions, etc)
- Markdown management via pricing decision & systemic execution
- Project receipts and maintain purchase order log, communicating out delivery dates and on-order tracking
- Participate in hindsighting and line plan development.
- Respond to store requests and inquiries.
- Participate in visual process for stores.
- Review historical performance at the category and key item level.
- Competitive knowledge: competitive shop, read relevant publications to keep on top of trends.
Cross Functional Collaboration
- Build cross-functional team relationships (Planning, Merchandising, Production, Visual, Stores); adopt a collaborative style.
- Partner with Planning and Allocation on the following processes: assortment planning, OTB, in season strategies and allocations to maximize inventory performance
- Work cross functionally with Stores, Marketing, Web, Visual and Operations, to ensure they have the tools to understand and support the assortment strategy.
Strategic Thinking and Financial Acumen
- Proficient in retail math
- Participate in open to buy forecasting process with receipt log and business shifts
- Manage purchase order process. Maintain accurate ship/cancel dates and on order spreadsheets. Partner with team to discuss any issues.
- Analyze the business weekly, recapping divisions’ business to cross-functional team and reporting out on key trends
- Knowledge of the competition and retail market
- Undergraduate degree (business or fashion related discipline a plus)
- 3-5 years of retail buying experience in a luxury or service driven environment
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Director, Production — Handbags & Accessories
Kelsey oversees the manufacturing process for the Tory Burch accessories category, from initial order to product placement to retail store delivery.
Back to top