As the Tory Burch ASM, you are a critical leadership partner to the GM and/or AGM, and someone the store staff can rely on for guidance and growth. You will partner with the leadership team to create a highly productive environment in which customers have an extraordinary experience, employees are able to do their best and the business thrives. You are primarily accountable for developing and maintaining staff selling and service skills (as well as your own), in addition to the day-to-day operations of running a successful business with an authentic approach.
Drive the Business & Deliver Results
- Assist the leadership team, ensuring the store is on target to achieve financial targets through monitoring and improvement of measureable statistics that drive the business.
- Monitor team sales targets & other metrics, provide feedback and analysis to the leadership team.
- Manage your people resources to maximize sales, traffic flow, floor coverage, and customer engagement.
- Manage the sales floor with agility, changing direction & continuously improving based on key indicators and lessons learned.
- Be a clienteling expert, leading by example in the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, produce strong results from proactive outreach and the development of a personal business trade through you and your sales staff.
- Model and supervise the selling environment, providing consistent coaching on sales, product and client training in order to ensure the highest level of customer service and sales.
- Ensure disciplined control of payroll expenses.
Leadership & People Management
- Lead by example and model behavior that reflects the company's core values.
- Appropriately manage conflict and take ownership for your part in the team dynamic.
- Assist the leadership team to manage overall team performance & growth:
- Hold people accountable to a high standard of excellence.
- Recognize contribution of others and celebrate success.
- Act as the Transformational Leader of the Floor (TLOF) and motivate the team on achievement of sales plans & personal sales goals.
- Partner with GM and AGM to ensure effective store communications, including but not limited to cascade of key information from corporate partners & execution of value-added team meetings.
- Foster team's ongoing growth & development through both training & on-the-job learning.
- Manage performance, handle issues & resolve conflict in a calm, objective & fact-based manner.
- Leverage the DOR Program to develop skillset and competencies in self and leadership team.
- Utilize MTB, mid year and annual performance appraisals to help develop staff and ensure both store and company goals are met.
- Assist in recruitment, selection and on-boarding of store staff.
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere that is fun, professional, productive, and team oriented providing clear feedback and regular coaching.
- Display a strong commitment to self-development and growth.
Deliver the Customer Experience
- Lead by example; train, guide and coach staff on styling, selling & service skills, driving them to create transformational customer experiences & exceed sales targets.
- Assist the leadership team to create the customer journey in your boutique - customize it for your customer demographic & manage your team to develop & maintain productive customer relationships.
- Maintain a "One Company" perspective on charge sends, returns, and other such transactions that are critical to a positive customer experience.
- Demonstrate a strong use of selling skills and an ability to drive personal sales, building store clientele.
- Build a strong consignment business in your store.
- Ensure visual merchandising and maintenance standards are met at all times.
Represent the Brand
- Understand and communicate the Tory Burch brand aesthetic, brand philosophy and lifestyle to the associates and the customer.
- Emulate the brand aesthetic & embody a strong sense of fashion sensibility and an enthusiastic attitude.
- In partnership with the leadership team, oversee the development of clientele by implementing strategic initiatives that build our customer base & increase repeat business.
- Assist the GM and/or AGM, taking ownership for maintaining the Tory Burch aesthetic across all touch points including associate presentation, dress code, visual standards, maintenance and merchandising to create a fully branded environment.
- Perform store opening and closing procedures including counting registers and register funds, completing bank deposits, and securing the facility.
- Accurately process all POS transactions, capture of customer information, and inventory functions such as receiving of shipment, transfers, repairs, damages, etc to maintain the integrity of the inventory.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures with a focus on loss prevention and operational excellence.
- Take ownership for maintaining a high standard of store maintenance including daily cleaning, exterior store maintenance, furniture, fixtures, upholstered items, lighting, etc.
- Manage your people resources in a strategic, business focused manner, ensuring effective scheduling around product deliveries, peak periods and key events.
- Understand the importance of efficient store operations & support the leadership team in achieving this.
- Consistently adhere to all operational procedures.
- Ensure strong partnership with your GM and/or AGM to ensure alignment & timely two-way communication.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi task and prioritize work to produce desired outcomes
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Undergraduate degree (business or fashion related discipline a plus).
- 2-4 years of management experience in a luxury or service driven environment.
- Prior experience as a manager a plus.
- Proven track record of success.
- Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the business, including overnights, evenings, holidays and weekend shifts.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to lift (at least 40 lbs), carry, push, pull, squat, kneel, twist, turn, climb ladders, crawl, reach, bend and stand for extended periods of time.
- Adaptable - Change before you have to
- Changes course easily - Knows when to be patient and when to push - Works well in the gray - Shows grace under pressure - Owns mistakes and learns from them - Balances multiple priorities
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - Own it
- Takes initiative, doesn't wait for direction - Builds for the future - Takes personal ownership and accountability - Is resourceful in getting things done
- Collaborative - No "I" in Tory
- Is self-aware and open-minded - Integrates the perspectives of others - Is direct but respectful - Communicates cross functionally - Knows when to get people involved and when to make a decision - Takes an inclusive approach
- Client & Brand Focus - Put yourself in Tory's shoes
- Passionate about the brand and the work - Creates a transformational client experience - Makes decisions in the best interest of the company and our customers - Focuses on internal and external customers
- Live the Values - Being "Buddy"
- Keeps the "Buddy Values" alive (Kindness, humility, warmth, honesty, loyalty, compassion, integrity, and passion) - It's not just what you do, but how you do it - Contributes to a positive and productive environment
- Functional Expertise - Know Your Stuff
- Has the skills necessary to perform the job - Keeps current on trends, skills, and practices - Puts learning into practice
- FOR PEOPLE MANAGERS: Team Builder - It's all about "We"
- Sets team goals and roles - Develops, motivates and empowers - Delivers constructive and encouraging feedback - Holds people accountable for results - Recognizes high performance
- FOR PEOPLE MANAGERS: Change Leader - Change is the essence of life
- Challenges the current point of view - Puts changes in context for the team - Executes changes that impact the business - Is proactive and positive - Listens to and keeps the team up to speed
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .