Entry level position to global merchandising. The Assistant Merchant provides general support to the entire Merchandising team and is responsible for the line sheet management and all sample management. Will assist Merchants on day-to-day tasks.
- Gain a strong understanding of the Tory Burch customer: visit stores monthly, review new deliveries, and communicate learnings back to team.
- Shop the competition and read periodicals to stay on top of current trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, RLM and Access.
- Create and maintain global linesheets.
- Partner/respond daily with cross-functional teams on any problems including shipments, tracking, costing, garment details or requests for information.
- Make recommendations about solutions to manager for approval.
- Provide general assistance and support to merchandising team as needed.
- 1 year in a merchandising role and/or multiple relevant internships
- Experience in a retail/wholesale environment a plus
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Polished and professional
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Meet Some of Tory Burch's Employees
Katy creates the code that powers ToryBurch's digital commerce site, creating a seamless user experience and enhancing features as trends and the business change.
Back to top