Assistant General Manager - Allen Premium Outlet
As the Tory Burch AGM, you are a critical leadership partner – a “co-pilot” to the GM and someone the store staff can rely on for guidance and growth. You will partner with the GM to create a highly productive environment in which customers have an extraordinary experience, employees are able to do their best and the business thrives. You are primarily accountable for developing and maintaining staff selling and service skills, in addition to the day-to-day operations of running a successful business with an authentic approach.
Drive the Business & Deliver Results
- In partnership with the GM, ensure the store is on target to achieve financial targets through monitoring and improvement of measureable statistics that drive the business.
- Monitor team sales targets & other metrics, provide feedback and analysis to the GM.
- In partnership with the GM, manage your people resources to maximize sales, traffic flow, floor coverage and customer engagement; adjust schedules as necessary.
- Oversee the development of clientele in partnership with GM, through leading by example in the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, produce strong results from proactive outreach and the development of a personal client business through you and your sales staff.
- Model and supervise the selling environment, providing consistent coaching on sales, product and client training in order to ensure the highest level of customer service and sales.
- Ensure disciplined control of payroll expenses.
Leadership & People Management
- Lead by example and model behavior that reflects the company’s core values.
- Appropriately manage conflict and take ownership for your part in the team dynamic.
- In partnership with GM, manage overall team performance & growth:
- Hold people accountable to a high standard of excellence.
- Recognize contribution of others and celebrate success.
- Act as the Transformational Leader of the Floor (TLOF) and motivate the team on achievement of sales plans & personal sales goals.
- Manage and monitor team morale & talent retention.
- Provide clear feedback and regular coaching.
- Foster team’s ongoing growth & development through both training & on-the-job learning.
- Manage performance, handle issues & resolve conflict in a calm, objective & fact-based manner.
- Leverage the DOR Program to develop skillset and competencies in leadership team
- Utilize MTB, mid year and annual performance appraisals to help develop staff and ensure both store and company goals are met.
- Assist in recruitment, selection and on-boarding of store staff.
- Partner with GM to execute effective store communications, ensuring that staff is involved & updated.
- Display a strong commitment to self-development and growth.
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere that is fun, professional, productive, and team oriented providing clear feedback and regular coaching.
Deliver the Customer Experience
- Lead by example; train, guide and coach staff on selling & service skills, driving them to create transformational customer experiences & exceed sales targets.
- Partner with the GM to create the transformational experience in your boutique – customize it for your customer demographic & manage your team to develop & maintain productive customer relationships.
- Build a strong consignment business in your store.
- Ensure visual merchandising and maintenance standards are met at all times.
- Ensure a high level of customer service through extensive product knowledge and product ownership.
Represent the Brand
- Emulate the brand aesthetic & embody a strong sense of fashion sensibility and an enthusiastic attitude.
- In partnership with the GM, oversee the development of clientele by implementing strategic initiatives that build our customer base & increase repeat business.
- In partnership with the GM, take ownership for maintaining the Tory Burch aesthetic across all touch points including associate presentation, dress code, visual standards, maintenance and merchandising to create a fully branded environment.
- Understand the importance of efficient store operations & support the GM in achieving this.
- Consistently adhere to all operational procedures.
- Take ownership for accuracy of information entered in POS & other technology as required.
- Enforce our people policies & ensure accurate and timely processing of employee paperwork (including but not limited to payroll & time/attendance, employee changes & employee discipline).
- Protect our assets by adhering to all loss prevention and operational policies & procedures.
- Communicate merchandise needs to GM to support sales.
- Ensure strong partnership with your GM to ensure alignment & timely two-way communication.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi task and prioritize work to produce desired outcomes
- Undergraduate degree (business or fashion related discipline a plus).
- 3-5 years of management experience in a luxury or service driven environment.
- Prior experience as a GM a plus.
- Proven track record of success.
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.
If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top