Seller Support Representative
The Seller Support Representative will be responsible for managing our support queues, including answering customer issues from our merchants and proactively contacting sellers regarding account health. The ideal candidate will be energized, and exceptional at communication. This candidate must be bilingual in English and Mandarin. If you’re someone who loves to engage with people, exhibits a sense of humor and is motivated by efficiency we want to hire you! This position is based in Shanghai, China.
- Respond effectively to customer cases via email for global sellers (phone and chat support may be added in the future)
- Proactively identify account health issues and communicate these to global sellers
- Work morning shifts and during weekdays/weekends can be expected
- Escalate customer and technical issues as required; apply judgment to investigate problems to track down root causes
- Work with the product team to propose new features or changes requested by the Tophatter community
- Identify areas of inefficiency in the business and propose solutions to maximize productivity
- Help test new features and applications
- 1-4 years experience in customer support, sales or related field
- An excellent work ethic and a “get stuff done” attitude
- Strong troubleshooting and dispute resolution skills
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Welcomes change and feedback with an open attitude and is patient
- Has superior time management skills and is reliable
- Proficient computer skills and familiar with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 4-year college degree (BA or BS required)
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin (written and spoken)
- You want to be a part of the next big e-commerce marketplace
- You want to help people grow their businesses
- You pride yourself on being organized, detail-oriented, and ambitious
- You love working, conversing, brainstorming, and creating with peers
Don't have Tophatter? Download it now: https://tophatter.com/sign_up
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment!
Like what you see? Subscribe to our channel and follow us!
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We are based in Palo Alto, with offices in San Francisco and Shanghai.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Back to top