US Customer Support Representative B2B – Telematics
“We, at TomTom Telematics, are passionate about helping our customers to bring their drivers and office staff closer together and work better as a team”
Thomas Schmidt, Managing Director Telematics.
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. Would you like contribute in designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals? Where do you want to be?
Where do you want to be?
We are looking for the best and brightest minds to join our US Customer Support team within our Telematics Business Unit. Our team supports B2B resellers and customers from the US and Canada. In addition, team members work on additional projects and/or specialize on certain topics.
The experience and future opportunities will include:
- Provide product information and effective technical support through multiple channels (phone, e-mail, chat, etc.);
- Investigate and take care of large and complex technical support matters, where necessary working closely together with peers across all departments to ensure an exceptional and seamless experience for our customers;
- Contribute to additional support programs/projects (e.g. content delivery, product expertise, targeted proactive support activities).
As a member of the US Customer Support team, you are asked to deliver the following:
- Effective technical support (unburdening the customer wherever possible, thinking ahead to cover expected follow-up topics and an exceptional and seamless experience);
- Provide with first-class, high-quality, professional responses to customer enquiries within agreed performance levels;
- A constant and pro-active improvement of product/support knowledge;
- Pro-active engagement in additional activities (when the regular workload allows it).
What do we expect from you?
There is no set route to become Customer Support Representative B2B, but to be successful in this role this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Business proficiency in communications is required. Good language skills in Spanish or other languages are a plus;
- Excellent proven technical customer support experience of at least 2 years in an international B2B environment;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) as well as a talent to develop good relationships with business customers;
- You are flexible and a team player with time management skills;
- Technically proficient; knowledge on fields relevant to Telematics (vehicle electronics, telecommunication, GPS) is a plus; basic knowledge of PC hardware; good knowledge of Windows OS; knowledge of web browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla);
What do we offer?
- A very exciting role in the cutting-edge field of Telematics (more than 30% of annual growth);
- Intensive on-the-job-training.
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures;
- Flexible benefits, flexible holiday plan, comprehensive health insurance including dental and vision, 401K with matching %, up to 50% discount on products, quarterly or annual bonus plan.
Who are we?
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.
TomTom Telematics is the fastest growing Business Unit of TomTom, and one of the world’s leading providers of fleet management solutions and professional telematics services, delivered as “Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)”. Our products are designed to help professional drivers to drive greener, safer and more efficiently. Our award winning online platform, WEBFLEET, is highly scalable and has the highest standards in terms of reliability and security. TomTom Telematics services more than 45,000 fleet customers in 60 countries with more than 670,000 active monitored units/vehicles and is Europe’s largest and fastest growing fleet management service provider.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,600 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 37 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com
If you would like to be part of this winning team and help us further position ourselves as the authority in location and navigation solutions, please click on the apply button or go to www.tomtom.com/careers
For the full story about the vacancy (ref 25566) or procedure, please click on http://tomtom.com/careers or contact Cecilia Clech.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Partnership Marketing Manager
Brenna works on the Marketing Team to spread the TomTom brand—and innovative consumer electronics—far and wide, through partnerships with established organizations and online influencers.
Back to top