Test Engineer - Telematics
"Would you like to see your work operated by hundreds of thousands of customers on a daily base?"
Michael Suess, VP Engineering, TomTom Telematics
TomTom Telematics is the fastest growing Business Unit of TomTom, and one of the world's leading providers of fleet management solutions and professional telematics services, delivered as "Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)". Our products are designed to help professional drivers to drive greener, safer and more efficiently. Our award winning online platform, WEBFLEET, is highly scalable and has the highest standards in terms of reliability and security. TomTom Telematics services more than 48,000 fleet customers in 60 countries with more than 763,000 active monitored units/vehicles and is Europe's largest and fastest growing fleet management service provider.
Where do you want to be…in a year, in 5 years?
What if you had the opportunity to achieve more in less time then you could ever imagine?
At TomTom, you can. To further accelerate our growth even more and strengthening our leading position we are on the outlook for a Test Engineer.
We are looking for talented people who are passionate about great products and agile practices. Be part of an agile cross-functional team and work on a variety of products and components related to fleet management and connected vehicles. If you have a passion for quality, quick delivery and would like to drive the future of car telematics beyond, you might want to read on.
Sound good so far?
Here's a little taste of your challenge:
- As part of a software development team you advise and guide your peers towards solutions which are going to be acceptable by customers and stakeholders quality-wise
- Living an agile process with your team you strive for frequent incremental deliveries each matching the quality criteria defined beforehand under your consultation
- Planning, execution, analysis and documentation of software tests with a strong focus on test automation were it increases efficiency
- Creation of test plans and test scenarios and analysis of requirements and test data
- Analysis and improvement of processes for a sustained quality assurance
- Administration and configuration of the test environment
- Test process improvements
What do we expect from you?
There is no set route to become a Test Engineer at TomTom. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Ideally you have a degree in computer science, engineering or related.
- You have a good knowledge of test methods, test processes and test management.
- You can automate tests using languages like Java, C# or Python.
- You have experience with common test frameworks like Selenium or Ranorex.
- Driving license (for test drives) is a plus.
- Command of English language
- Command of German or Spanish is a plus
What can you expect:
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
Let's not forget the good stuff
- Competitive base salary with a generous bonus scheme.
- Private health insurance (including children and partners).
- Pension Plan (after 6 months contract).
- Lunch Vouchers.
- 50% discount on purchase of TomTom products.
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
For the full story about the vacancy or procedure, please click on tomtom.com/careers
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top