Technical Account Manager
TomTom empowers movement. As an industry leader, we excel at designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. TomTom has grown from a Dutch based start-up company into a multi-national, global brand. As our original founders remain committed to the business, together with TomTom’s global team of passionate and dedicated employees, we will continue to create new products and achieve our goals.
Where do you want to be?
TomTom is on the move. And we are moving fast. Busy bringing insight led innovation to new markets; TomTom is creating lots of opportunities for talented individuals along the way. It is fast, it is sometimes furious and it is anything but boring!
We are looking for an exceptional technical support professional with a good understanding of Location Based Services to join our TomTom Maps Team in San Jose, CA.
TomTom established a dedicated TomTom Maps Business Unit to develop and sell location content products and software services. This team leverages TomTom’s wealth of location assets in order to deliver relevant and fresh maps & traffic content and software services globally to customers ranging from mobile device manufacturers, mobile operating system vendors, application developers, wearables manufacturers and Internet-Of-Things (IoT) companies.
As a Technical Account Manager in TomTom’s TomTom Maps Business Unit, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Account Managers in winning new business in North America
- Performing technical & functional product-fit analysis and taking the lead in technical pre-sales activities
- During the evaluation and implementation phase, you will manage the project internally and provide technical support
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the TomTom Maps Account Managers, Product & Program Managers and other Technical - Account Managers to promote TomTom’s content products & software services, mainly at large corporate and high-profile companies
- Investigate sales opportunities from a technical and functional point of view, create compelling customer value add presentations
- Present to an audience of prospects and executive management level
- Report on evaluation and implementation process status and follow up on TomTom deliverables
- Provide top technical support to prospects’ and customers’ development teams with an ability to develop long term relationships
- Understand and anticipate customers’ needs and challenges; and articulate business value at all levels both internally & externally
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Technical Account Manager, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in pre-sales, project management, and support of complex products, services and solutions in one of the following: location based services, telecommunications, mobile, system integration, IT consulting or IoT
- Hands on experience with maps (Shape, GDF, QGIS), databases (Postgres, SQL), LBS API’s & SDK’s (Android, IOS, JS…)
- Proven track record in technical pre-sales of complex solutions, customer support and project ,management for high profile customers
- Dynamic, results oriented, autonomous, highly motivated professional with a can-do attitude, willingness to learn and feel comfortable working in a changing environment
- Ability to combine technical expertise with good communication skills, excellent presentation skills with consultative selling skills to convince decision makers at senior management level
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
What do we offer?
- The Opportunity to work for a world class brand where you can really make things happen
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, working with passionate professionals from different countries and cultures
- Compensation includes a generous base salary, a bonus plan, 15 PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3 additional days to perform community service annually
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401k
Who are we?
At TomTom our mission is to make technology so easy to use, that everyone can benefit from it. We created easy to use navigation devices, helping millions of people to get where they want to be. Today, we continue to simplify the complex, making technology more accessible for everyone.
We have four customer facing business units: Consumer, Telematics, Automotive and TomTom Maps.
We make easy to use navigation devices, sport watches and action cameras for consumers. We enable businesses with vehicles to more easily manage and improve fleet efficiency while increasing overall business performance with our Telematics solutions. We also offer a world leading real-time map platform that is powering innovative location based services and helping to make automated driving a reality for the automotive industry.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,400 employees worldwide and sell our products in 48 countries.
Back to top