Team Lead Software Engineering
Our Sensor Sourcing Operations unit is looking for experienced and talented software engineer to build and lead an engineering team. The unit is responsible for delivery and processing of source data from mapping cars, satellite imagery as well as data-streams from cars and other vehicles. You will have a great opportunity to work on global, innovative projects contributing to the future of self-driving cars.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager who is excited to make an impact and has the skills to match. If you join our team, you will be working on some of the most interesting and challenging problems with a world class team.
Here's a little taste of your challenge:
- Build, lead, and manage a talented engineering team of 3-5 who like to ship code and complex engineering problems
- Hands-on involvement in design, architecture and development activities using C#, C++, Java, Phyton
- Deep understanding of and experience with sensor data and image processing
- Work well in an agile development environment, set expectations, and drive continuous improvement
- Discuss and communicate complex technical issues in simple way across The Sourcing Operations teams
- Drive change, improve existing solutions and design new data sourcing tools
- Apply sound quality management methods, tools and techniques to create and support defect-free application software that meets the needs of the organization
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
What we expect from you:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of software engineering experience (C#, C++, Java, Phyton)
- Proven track record in leading software development teams and delivering working software together with them
- Experience with different database architectures and schema design
- Solid network skills
- Ability to motivate and build high performance software development teams
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Let's not forget the good stuff: flexible benefits ( including multisport card), private medical care, 50% product discount and bonus scheme.
- Łódź, a pretty cool city to live and work. Lots of inspiration and when it's sunny, the whole city comes alive!
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
Please apply through www.tomtom.com/careers.
Your recruiter for this job is Karolina Leoniak.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top