Strategic Account Manager DACH Region
TomTom Maps is a leading provider of global map and traffic data sourced from a community of over half a billion connected devices. We offer cloud-based products and platforms that allow customers an easy access to TomTom's map and traffic data as well as software components to create location-enabled applications. The customer base of TomTom Maps ranges from mobile and web application developers to the internet-of-things companies, cloud services providers, mobility services providers, enterprises, governments, system integrators and traffic management agencies.
Every day, companies like Apple, Uber, Intel & MapQuest and millions of their users rely on TomTom products and services to make smarter decisions.
We are looking for an exceptional and achievement driven B2B sales professional to join our TomTom Maps unit's Enterprise Sales team. Your focus is expanding business in the DACH region, based from our offices in Amsterdam. As a key contributor to the growth of TomTom Maps business, you will work on a wide variety of map and traffic data and software licensing opportunities with some of the leading enterprise application services providers of the world. The right person for this role will effectively use their sales abilities to hunt and develop new business opportunities and demonstrate how to successfully sell TomTom Maps products within a highly competitive and dynamic landscape. He/she must be comfortable working with large complex licensing deals within key enterprise accounts.
Do you thrive on making an impact? Do you like to be that "big fish in a small pond"?
Well, read on.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver on revenue targets and drive for TomTom Maps unit's enterprise sales revenue growth;
- Understand and anticipate customers' needs and challenges and articulate business value at executive level;
- Assess sales opportunities, analyse the competition, develop and execute a winning strategy together with internal and external stakeholders;
- Drive for customer excitement and act as customer advocate to exceed customer expectations on deliverables and relationship management;
- Hunt for new business by developing leads, business plans, account plans and strategy to manage business against individual quota (monthly, quarterly and annual plan);
- Native/fluent German language skills and having proven commercial success working in the DACH region;
- Close strategic deals and manage upsell opportunities as well as contract requirements and obligations;
- Influence the TomTom Maps strategy and make a significant impact in the business;
- Demonstrate superior negotiation and presentation skills with an ability to develop long-term customer relationship.
To be a successful Strategic Account Manager you have:
- 3+ years of experience in B2B sales/technical sales/product development/business development/licensing;
- You are a hunter with proven experience of identifying, developing, closing large, multi-million and strategic account relationships;
- Experience in one of the following market segments: Cloud Services, IoT, Mobility, Transport, Fleet or Big Data;
- Experience in negotiating and closing complex licensing business contracts with long sales cycles;
- Successful track record of strong relationship building with customers and partners on executive level;
- Excellent communication, presentation and consultative selling skills;
- University degree in business, marketing, finance or a related field;
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis.
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Amsterdam. A pretty cool city to live and work. Lots of inspiration and when it's sunny, the whole city comes alive!
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top