Strategic Account Manager - Consumer Licensing
TomTom Maps is a leading provider of global map and traffic data sourced from a community of over half a billion connected devices. We offer cloud-based products and platforms that allow customers an easy access to TomTom's map and traffic data as well as software components to create location-enabled applications. The customer base of TomTom Maps ranges from mobile and web application developers to the internet-of-things companies, cloud services providers, mobility services providers, enterprises, governments, system integrators and traffic management agencies.
Every day, companies like Apple, Uber, Intel & Microsoft and millions of their users rely on TomTom products and services to make smarter decisions.
We are looking for an exceptional and achievement driven B2B sales professional to join our TomTom Maps unit's Consumer Licensing Sales team in the San Francisco Bay Area. As a key contributor to the growth of TomTom Maps business, you will work on a wide variety of map and traffic data and software licensing opportunities as well as manage existing accounts. The right person for this role will effectively use their sales abilities to hunt and develop new business opportunities as well as effectively build customer relationships. He/she must be comfortable working with large complex licensing deals within consumer accounts.
As an Account Manager, you will be asked to deliver the following:
- Hunt for new business opportunities and grow the overall revenue through sales of map and traffic data and software services;
- Assess sales opportunities, analyze the competition, develop and execute a winning strategy together with internal and external stakeholders;
- Drive for customer excitement and act as customer advocate to exceed customer expectations on product and software deliverables and relationship management;
- Develop account plans and strategy to manage business against individual quota (monthly, quarterly and annual plan);
- Close strategic deals and manage upsell opportunities as well as contract requirements and obligations;
- Demonstrate superior negotiation and presentation skills with an ability to develop long-term customer relationship.
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as an Account Manager this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- University degree in sales, marketing, or related field;
- 5 years' experience in managing global, multi-million and strategic account relationships;
- Successful track record of building strong relationships with customers and partners on an executive level; strong background in licensing sales and business development;
- A consistent track record of over achieving sales goals;
- Experience in one or more of the following market segments: Cloud Services, IoT, Mobility, On-Demand Services, Telecommunications or Big Data;
- Proven experience in negotiating and closing complex licensing business contracts with long sales cycles;
- Excellent communication, presentation and consultative selling skills;
- A self-motivated, results driven, resilient, team player with a flexible and entrepreneurial mindset;
- Willingness to travel.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to work for a leading company with a world-class brand and products in an industry that is growing with extremely fast pace;
- Be the driving force for securing new customers and new business for TomTom Maps;
- Competitive base salary + commission scheme, PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3 additional days to perform community service annually;
- Benefits package of medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401k;
- Generous discounts on TomTom's products
- Office snacks and drinks, team outings, and happy hours!
Who are we?
TomTom (TOM2) empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Best known for being a global leader in navigation and mapping products, TomTom also creates GPS Sport Watches, as well as state-of-the-art fleet management solutions and industry leading location based products.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,000 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 46 countries.
Please click on www.tomtom.com/careers and apply directly.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top