Sr. Tax Accountant, Part-Time
Sr. Tax Accountant, Part-Time –Burlington, MA
'Five years from now we'll be active in areas we haven't yet dreamed of'*.*
Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.
TomTom empowers movement. As an industry leader, we excel at designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. TomTom has grown from a Dutch based start-up company into a multi-national, global brand. As our original founders remain committed to the business, together with TomTom’s global team of passionate and dedicated employees, we will continue to create new products and achieve our goals.
Where do you want to be?
Despite our rapid growth, we have kept our entrepreneurial spirit and passion. We encourage our team to think differently and dream big. Being curious, taking risks and challenging the norm are all part of who we are. We don’t slow people down or hold them back and we share a relentless energy to make things happen.
The US Finance Team is looking to hire a part-time Sr. Tax Accountant to be based in our Burlington, MA office. This individual will work closely as a team with our in-house Tax Accountant and be responsible for coordinating and reporting taxes on behalf of TomTom within the United States and Canada. This person will work 20 hours per week and be a critical thinker with strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently. You will have a proven ability to deliver timely and accurate information in a fast paced environment while making sound decisions.
The responsibilities of this role will include the following:
Corporate Income Tax**
- Provide support for Federal & State tax preparation and filing for US and Canada entities
- Collection/preparation of the dataset required to calculate tax provision
- Support BDO with any questions regarding tax provision
- Maintain monthly reconciliation and movement overview for income tax accounts in SAP
- Support tax audits
- Central point of contact for questions from the Amsterdam Tax team
- Maintain a list of tax notices in central repository and coordinate the follow up
- Complete all property tax forms from local government agencies for US entities
Sales & Use Tax**
- Monthly, quarterly, annual reporting/filing of US sales tax and Canada GST/PST
- Manage tax payments and adjustments on the tax payables balance sheet as a result of these payments
- Support tax audits
- Maintain list of tax notices in central repository and coordinate the follow up
- Maintain/validate reseller tax exemption certificates
- Work with TomTom’s Amsterdam Tax team to maintain nexus overview and collect information relevant for nexus from business teams
- Maintain overall tax compliance matrix for all relevant filings
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Sr. Tax Accountant this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Exposure to multiple state sales tax and Canada GST, PST and QST
- Exposure to federal and state income taxation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- SAP experience a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute to the team in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
What do we offer?
- The Opportunity to work for a company where you can really make things happen
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, working with passionate professionals from different countries and cultures
Who are we?
At TomTom our mission is to make technology so easy to use, that everyone can benefit from it. We created easy to use navigation devices, helping millions of people to get where they want to be. Today, we continue to simplify the complex, making technology more accessible for everyone.
We have four customer facing business units: Consumer, Telematics, Automotive and Licensing.
We make easy to use navigation devices, sport watches and action cameras for consumers. We enable businesses with vehicles to more easily manage and improve fleet efficiency whilst increasing overall business performance with our Telematics solutions. We also offer a world leading real-time map platform that is powering innovative location based services and helping to make automated driving a reality for the automotive industry.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,400 employees worldwide and sell our products in 48 countries.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Back to top