Sr System Engineer
Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
Would you like to become a part of a successful Amsterdam-based tech company?
We are looking for the top talent in Devops and system engineering area. The experience and future opportunities will include managing servers in the development and test environments for our consumer, automotive and live services distribution platforms, solving service issues and problems structurally, discussions with developers to ensure the services they envision are stable for real world deployment.
Here's a little taste of your challenge:
As a member of our global team, you are asked to deliver the following:
- Deployment of software in development and test environments
- Proactive uptime dev and test environment management
- Managing Stable and unstable environments for developers, QA and external integrators
- Managing documentation and changes on dev / test infrastructure level
- Incident and problem management on all layers of infrastructure that environment consists of
- Active participation in a close knit team
- Aligning with team in Amsterdam and act as remote ambassadors to them at all times
What do we expect from you?
There is no set route to become a System (devops) Engineer at TomTom. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- 5+ years of working as system engineer
- Positive can-do-all attitude.
- Understanding and operating core technologies used to power our internal cloud
- Being able to operate different flavors of public cloud offerings
- Integrate services powered on either public or private cloud
- Experience working with puppet to manage servers and release software (PuppetLabs)
- Die-hard, Redhat / Linux / CentOS / Jboss / Tomcat / RunDeck / Apache / AWS / OpenStack / CloudStack / Azure / AliCloud working experience.
- Python, bash, ruby working scripting experience.
- Mysql knowledge and expertise.
- Managing large data sets, terabytes of data (recovery, backups, storage, capacity)
- Able to do constructive, fast troubleshooting and triaging of incidents.
- Nagios writing scripts experience.
- Continuous delivery – managing delivery pipelines working experience.
- Troubleshooting of application issues (3rd tier level).
- Be available to support test environments and development initiatives 24x7 for both consumer and automotive clients.
What you can expect:
- Super complex, technologically advanced working environment. Flat organizational structure, encouraging innovation, ideas and celebrates success. An adventure in the cutting-edge field of digital mapping, traffic, navigation personal and automotive solutions;
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company;
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with; • Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued;
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly;
- Pune. A pretty cool city to live and work.
Who are we?
Founded in 1991, TomTom is a leading provider of navigation and location-based products and services.
TomTom maps, traffic information and navigation technology power automotive in-dash systems, mobile devices, web based applications and government and business solutions. TomTom also designs and manufactures its own location-based products including portable navigation devices and fleet management solutions, as well as GPS-enabled sports watches.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, TomTom has 4800 employees worldwide and sells its products in over 37 countries.
By streamlining and integrating our organization we have created a lean and agile structure enabling us to stay close to our customers and substantially improving our time to market. TomTom comprises four business units - Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Business Solutions.
TomTom India Private Limited is one of India's Best IT & IT- BPM Company to Work for - 2015. It is amongst 50 Best IT & IT-BPM companies to work for in India and amongst the Top 5 among Emerging organizations in IT & IT-BPM.
For the full story about the vacancy or procedure, please click on www.tomtom.com/careers or contact Swathi Kesireddy.
Online assessments and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top