Sr Software Mapping Engineer
Our Sensor Sourcing Operations unit is looking for experienced and talented software engineer to build top notch sensor-based solutions. The unit is responsible for delivery and processing of source data from mapping cars, satellite imagery as well as data-streams from cars and other vehicles. You will have a great opportunity to work on global, innovative projects contributing to the future of self-driving cars.
We are looking for an engineer who is excited to make an impact and has the skills to match. If you join our team, you will be working on some of the most interesting and challenging problems with a world class team.
You will have an opportunity to
- Design, develop, and/or modify engineering applications for highly complex or specialized capabilities.
- Be part of an engineering team that would be mainly working on our mobile mapping solutions that would use different technologies ( 360 ° camera mapping, LIDAR, GPS,IMU) in order to contribute to the continuously process of map updates.
- Develop back-end application software that includes sensor control, monitor, and configuration software, database systems.
- Develop front-end graphical user interface applications for PC and mobile platforms.
- Work well in an agile development environment
What we expect from you:
- Strong programming skills of software engineering experience in one or more of: .NET WinForms, C++, Java, Python.
- Understanding of and experience with sensor data and/or image processing with be a plus.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with different database architectures and schema design
- Highly versatile attitude as you will be required to work multiple small projects that are written in different technologies.
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Challenging role in an open, innovative and international culture
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Market rate salary, bonuses and benefits such as: private medical care, benefit card, lunch card, up to 50% discount on our products
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Lodz. A pretty cool city to live and work!
We would like to meet you!
Please apply through www.tomtom.com/careers.
Your recruiter for this job is Karolina Leoniak.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top