Sr Software Engineer - Market Intelligence
Where do you want to be…in a year, in 5 years?
What if you had the opportunity to achieve more in less time then you could ever imagine?
At TomTom, you can.
The heart of location services is the map and TomTom delivers the most current digital map of the world. Since 2006 TomTom has collected anonymous GPS measurements from its users. This unique community harvests knowledge from local experts and it is combined with traditional sources including paper maps, field surveys, aerial and satellite imagery and mobile mapping vans. The result is a dynamic map full of enhanced content ranging from points of interest to 3D city maps.
TomTom's navigable map database is the first to reach 35.2 million kilometers of roads, covering 104 countries and a record 3.4 billion people worldwide.
Sound good so far?
Here's a little taste of your challenge:
The Sr Quality Engineer defines, develops, deploys, documents and maintains tools which support the efficient execution of feature benchmarks - in order to provide transparency about the quality of TomTom's and competitors' Map content related products. In order to assure that those tools are applied properly everywhere the person on this position also needs to provide appropriate documentation and training to all colleagues who are supposed to use them.
Input about the tool requirements and related methods are mainly to be provided by peers who are method experts.
In this position:
- Continuous improvement of effectiveness and efficiency of quality and benchmark checks by implementing automated solutions for all kind of methods.
- Definition, development and deployment of sw tools which support efficient execution of benchmark checks, in close co-operation with peers as well as with other Departments who work on similar topics (Larosa, Probe, etc)
- Constantly investigating about possibilities to make things more efficient, knowing what is going on within the organization in this context, knowing also what tools etc. exist in general to potentially tackle these topics
- Independent management of tool development tasks by defining project, striving for progress, resolving and/or escalating issues, regular reporting
- Provision of training and support to all colleagues applying tools referred to above by this enabling them to perform their tasks in a most optimal way
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in technical discipline (Spatial Economy, Geoinformatics, Informatics etc.)
- Preferred number of years of experience: >3
- Experience in the development of sw tools, preferably also for geographical databases
- Knowledge & experience in tool development based on GIS related environments, e.g. ESRI products (Arc View, Arc Map, Arc Info), and other GIS software
- Good knowledge of standard programming techniques, programming languages as well as relational databases
- IT related skills – which tools, methods, programming languages etc. do exist to address different kind of topics
- Experience in working with global teams (intercultural aspect, project members might be spread globally)
- Skills needed to properly communicate with stakeholders and other people within and (if necessary) outside the organisation in order to understand requirements and to make sure they are met in the end
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Preferably Statistical skills (Sampling methods, statistical reliability etc.), specifically applied to the field of geographical databases
- Training skills (ability to provide training on the tools developed)
What you can expect
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Let's not forget the good stuff: flexible benefits (including multisport card), private medical care, 50% product discount and bonus scheme.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
For the full story about the vacancy or procedure, please click on www.tomtom.com/careers or contact Marta Brzeszczynska.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top