Solution Sales Engineer, Cloud Business Development, TomTom Maps - San Francisco Bay Area
TomTom Maps is a leading provider of global map and traffic data sourced from a community of over half a billion connected devices. We offer a platform of cloud-based products that allow customers easy access to TomTom Maps data and software components to create location-enabled applications and services. Our customer base ranges from application developers to internet-of-things companies, logistics services and fleet management experts, enterprises, system integrators, governments, and cloud services providers.
We are looking for an experienced, exceptional and results driven software and cloud architecture expert to build new strategic partnerships. As a key contributor to the growth of our business, you will work on a wide variety of software and data licensing opportunities with the leading cloud service providers of the world. The right person for this role has solid experience in migrating on premise workloads to cloud infrastructure.
- Drives and architectures cloud-based business opportunities with customers, sales teams, product managers, and engineering teams
- Identifies and positions TomTom Maps data and software capabilities based on customer requirements, market demand and trends
- Leverages TomTom Maps data, software components and cloud deployment models to build new commercial relationships
- Collaborates with cross-functional groups (sales, marketing, product management, engineering) to develop cloud-based product offerings, product roadmaps, propositions, and customer proposals
- Possesses the technical domain expertise in cloud services, cloud deployments, and one or more of the leading cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, IBM and/or Google Cloud)
To be successful as a Solution Sales Engineer, Cloud Business Development you have:
- University degree in engineering, with preference to computer science, computer engineering or IT-related degrees
- 7+ years of experience in solution architecture, project delivery and enterprise software sales/business development
- Understanding of cloud computing technologies, cloud infrastructures, and lifting & shifting workloads to cloud
- Experience with PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, public, hybrid and private cloud
- Ability to build and deliver hands-on technology proof of concepts and demonstrations
- Track record of building technical relationships on all levels with sales, product management and engineering
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Strong problem solving and analytical/reasoning skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and consultative selling skills
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to work for a leading location technology company with a world-class brand and products in an industry that is growing with extremely fast pace
- Be the driving force for securing new and strategic business for TomTom Maps within the cloud domain
- Competitive salary, a bonus scheme, PTO days, company holidays and additional days off to perform community service annually
- Comprehensive healthcare and 401k
- Office snacks and drinks, team outings, and happy hours!
Who are we?
TomTom (TOM2) is transforming mobility. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. Our mission is to make maps so easy to use that everyone can benefit from them.
TomTom Maps offers a platform of cloud-based products that allow customers an easy access to the freshest maps and most up-to-date traffic data as well as software components to create location-enabled applications and services.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,600 employees worldwide and sell our products globally.
Please click on www.tomtom.com/careers and submit your resume directly.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top