Software Test Engineer
Our team achieves more. So can you.
Would you like to be part of a dynamic and fast moving team? NDS as a map data standard for navigation applications is an emerging technology that attracts growing attention with internal as well as external customers. It has the potential to become an industry standard with regard to in-car navigation maps as well as for future applications.
We are looking for best talents in testing software domain to join the NDS team responsible for creating navigation map formats.
At present, our team has approximately 70 team members in total located in Harsum, Lodz, Amsterdam, Shanghai and Taipei.
How about - Want to code the future?
Pretty big thinking. We like to think we make that happen.
We are looking for product-aware test engineers who have a passion for building software that drive the future of navigation and beyond. Designing and developing the best possible products is in our DNA.
Here's a little taste of your challenge:
- Develop and run tests on our NDS update client library
- Develop and run tests on our compiler software to transform the TT map database into an NDS map
- Create sample NDS maps to validate new map features
- Automate the testing and deployment of our software components
- Provide support to internal and external customers on your software components.
What we expect from you:
- Minimum 1-3 years of testing experience in a commercial software development environment.
- Excellent knowledge of continuous integration practices, techniques and tools.
- Possessed by the strong ambition to deliver the best software and digital map to the market.
- Solid experience with all aspects of SW testing: unit testing, integration testing, and feature testing.
- Willingness and ability to become an expert on digital maps for navigation purposes and on NDS in particular.
- Knowledge of Java with solid programming experience and software build and deployment processes. (maven, cmake is an additional asset)
- Experience with distributed source code control and versioning systems
- Good knowledge of scripting languages
- Ideally, you also bring along some familiarity on ISTQB.
What you can expect from us:
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreunerialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
Please apply on tomtom.com/careers
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top