Software Engineer Scala/Java
Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
We have been making navigation devices since 2002 and have been the market leader ever since.
And, we are not slowing down.
Join our forces as a Scala Pro. Here you can develop highly available services, using state-of-the-art technology like Akka and Reactive Streams. You bring in good communication skills and enjoy working in an international and multi-disciplinary team. In addition you can improve the testing and integration strategies; essentially improving the DevOps capabilities of TomTom.
Here's a little taste of your challenge
- Improve the user experience by engineering new software components to deliver even more complete information to our customers.
- Create scalable and performing solutions, able to be run in the cloud and define and improve infrastructure and deployment setups under Linux.
- Identify synergies between components and improve efficiency of development and maintenance.
- Improving the non-functional system characteristics of our back-ends, focusing on response times and uptime.
- Help improve our agile development process constantly.
What we expect from you
- You are familiar with Scala or have solid command of another programming language (e.g. Java, Python).
- You are a quick learner and are passionate about software development.
- You are familiar with distributed and scalable systems and virtualization.
- Familiarity with Docker, AWS, NoSQL, monitoring are a plus.
- Experience in a Linux (or Unix) based environment.
- You like to work as part of a self-organizing Scrum team.
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that encourages individual development and team-work.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top