Software Engineer C++ on Automotive platforms (QNX, AOSP, WinCE OR LINUX)
Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
We are looking for the brightest C++ developers to join our Automotive team in Amsterdam and Eindhoven. Your team is responsible creating TomTom's next-generation connected car navigation products. You can see the actual results of your work come to life evolving from demos to eventually being used in millions of cars on the road.
Here's a little taste of your challenge
- Be part of one of our Scrum teams consisting of 7-10 developers and Testers, a Scrum Master and a Product Owner
- Realize innovative in-car navigation solutions using C++ or Java and working in sprints of 2 or 3 weeks.
- The sprint backlog contains user stories, estimated in story points and with an average size of 25 hours of actual effort
- Projects vary in size, but typically take 12-24 months and require various scrum teams
- Use modern tools for requirements management (Rally), version control (Perforce), continuous integration (QuickBuild, Jenkins), issue tracking (Jira), code quality measurements (Coverity), test automation (Squish), test management (ALM), etc.
What we expect from you
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with C++, knowledge of Java, Python, and/or OO practices is an advantage.
- Knowledgeable about Operating System concepts and cross-platform development.
- Professional experience in using unit test frameworks.
- Hands-on mind-set and strong co-operative skills (communicate, listen, understand, convince, discuss, team building).
- Positive-critical mind-set regarding product quality.
- Analytical skills to determine and improve the testability of development deliverables and to find root causes and solutions for detected issues.
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- An adventure in the cutting-edge field of digital mapping, traffic and navigation solutions.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- The opportunity to keep on developing hands-on after the Senior stage; become the expert and principal developer.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Indefinite contract, flexible benefits, 25 annual leave days, flexible holiday plan, collective health insurance, pension scheme, up to 50% discount on products, bonus scheme and International relocation package (if applicable).
- Eindhoven. A pretty cool city to live and work. Many international people working in this silicon valley of Europe!
Want to join us and be part of the FUTURE OF DRIVING?
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top