Software Engineer (C++ Cloud)
Are you thrilled to work on our online services from development to deployment?
TomTom's engineering teams are challenging, fast paced environments where people are empowered to make the best decisions. This position is in one of our six teams that develop TomTom's navigation engine NavKit, which is used in millions of devices to guide drivers the best way to their destination.
Joining us means you can work on a wide area of different subjects including routing and guidance for our in-car navigation solution, querying backend services (e.g., for traffic data), and extending our online routing service. Both, our in-car system and the online service, are used by major car manufacturers in their latest cars and more plan using it in the future.
Taste your challenge…
- Consolidate all different C++ written components which make up the hybrid (server-side and client-side) navigation core for continuous delivery.
- Extending and improving the back-end C++ navigation engine.
- Deploying and maintaining the Java service layer web application in the AWS cloud.
- Extending and improving that application, including the design and documentation of its RESTful HTTP interface for online and hybrid routing/guidance.
What you can expect from us
- We like to have fun together. There is no sense in coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with. And working on the 26th floor, we have a fantastic view over Berlin.
- We bounce ideas off each other to drive innovation throughout the company. Have a suggestion? See a new way of doing something? TomTom's founders are still very present and accessible. We all are. Entrepreneurialism is valued, and there is always room for good ideas.
- We decide, act and follow things through – fast. It's in our hearts to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't slow the company down with too many layers of decision-making. We make things happen. Quickly.
- We never get bored. We feel like a "start-up", but have the resources and benefits of a billion euro company.
What we expect from you
A great C++ Software Engineer at TomTom can't be defined. There is no one way to go about the work, and everyone is different. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Strong C++ programming skills and engineering know-how with experience in deploying and maintaining a highly available web service in a Linux environment.
- Experience with cloud services is a plus.
- You love working as part of a self-organising Scrum team in a scaled, agile environment.
- Attention to quality: you value a tight test harness as an essential part of software development.
Note: You are eligible to work in the EU. An international relocation package and professional support is available (if applicable).
Want to join us?
We want to meet you! Apply to say hi. Please complete the online form and attachments in English. To get the full story about this vacancy or the application procedure, please contact Jacco Valkenburg on +31 6 28257098.
Do note that online technical evaluation and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top